Will Microsoft ever win a console war?

#11snowboard340Posted 11/5/2013 5:37:17 PM
anime02 posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3. MS hasn't had a true permanent price cut in 4 years. If they were truly worried they would have had a price cut. We never saw one.

I thought the xbox side of microsoft constantly lost money which is why aleast one person (that recently got on the board of directors[?]) wants to sell off the xbox brand.

They lost money on the original xbox, and a year or two of the 360. Since then it's been profit.
#12Izec(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 5:37:32 PM
WTFNightmare posted...
They always win though thats why you ps fanboys are in our thread LOL

Don't know why thinking the Xbox One is a letdown makes everyone a PS fanboy. You don't have to like the competition to think something sucks.

Sony isn't doing anything interesting with the PS4 and their launch lineup is lacking. They're not a very good company (debt, child workers, etc.) and their online is lame (slow store, no name changes, etc.), but they've made less stupid mistakes in 8th gen than MS and Nintendo have so far. It's basically a fact.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#13thegamer00Posted 11/5/2013 5:37:37 PM
anime02 posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3. MS hasn't had a true permanent price cut in 4 years. If they were truly worried they would have had a price cut. We never saw one.

I thought the xbox side of microsoft constantly lost money which is why aleast one person (that recently got on the board of directors[?]) wants to sell off the xbox brand.

That was true of the original Xbox. Not with 360. Sony on the other hand lost all the money they made on PS1, PS2, and PS3. They are 5 billion in the red.
#14benjimainPosted 11/5/2013 5:39:39 PM
Izec posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

Daaaamn! That is pure barbarity!
#15anime02Posted 11/5/2013 5:40:26 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
anime02 posted...
thegamer00 posted...

You thought wrong, and one investor always wants something dumb from any major company. No one credible or important want to spin off Xbox.

nope thought right.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/31/microsoft_valueact_ballmer/
Redmond announced the "cooperation agreement" in the late hours of Friday afternoon in San Francisco before the Labor Day three day weekend, which is an ideal time to bury news.

The agreement means ValueAct Capital one of Microsoft's 15 largest shareholders with 0.8 percent of common stock will "have the option" of plonking its president Mason Morfit onto Microsoft's board of directors, after the 2013 annual shareholders meeting.

---
FC is 2449-4795-8323
You know it's against your religion to make fun of people. Unless you are Catholic, then it's required. - MrFoxhound
#16anime02Posted 11/5/2013 5:50:01 PM
thegamer00 posted...
anime02 posted...
thegamer00 posted...

That was true of the original Xbox. Not with 360. Sony on the other hand lost all the money they made on PS1, PS2, and PS3. They are 5 billion in the red.

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-microsofts-next-major-move-to-spin-out-the-xbox-group-2013-9

The Xbox doesn't make money for Microsoft. Entertainment and Devices posted a $110 million loss last quarter. For fiscal 2013, its operating income was less than a billion. Microsoft's overall operating income was $26.7 billion.

---
FC is 2449-4795-8323
You know it's against your religion to make fun of people. Unless you are Catholic, then it's required. - MrFoxhound
#17Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 11/5/2013 5:52:26 PM
Well the other guys get a bonus because of Japan. MS did dominate in the US for over 2 years though. Their install base(it increased a lot from their first console) is great. So I guess that's something.
#18BigAl519Posted 11/5/2013 6:06:20 PM
Izec posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

That was quite literally a virtual knockout punch lol.

Wonder how long before the fanboys in denial start trying to dismantle this.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#19GuyFawkes5Posted 11/5/2013 6:07:07 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
it almost won last gen.

nintendo doesnt really count since theyve been targeting a completely different group of people with the wii and wii u.

Nintendo is still a good competitor
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#20LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/5/2013 6:12:08 PM
Winning was always about Worldwide sales till this gen, NOW it's about profits. Lol. MS came 2nd with the Xbox, 3rd with the 360, and XBone, not lookin too hot.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain