Will Microsoft ever win a console war?

#51teehee23Posted 11/6/2013 7:04:36 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
*Nintendo enters the console business and reigns supreme for 2 generations straight*
*Sony enters the console business and reigns supreme for 2 generations straight*
*Microsoft enters the console business and is barely able to keep second place 2 generations in a row*

True but Microsoft's Xbox brand has never fallen and lost as much market share as Nintendo or sony.

Users here @ the great Gamefaqs.com represent 1 or 2% of the game buying market so the trolling against Xbox #1 on these boards will not affect sales In any way. The haterz weren't going to purchase Xbox #1 anyway.

Kinect 2.0 will draw in a significant portion of sales from soccer moms and casual gamers just like it did with 360.
The multimedia and NFL exclusive deal will also draw in a significant customer base.
Microsoft's 1st and 2nd party games have a solid fan base and the new HALO will be epic.

Gamers got past the RROD fiasco and they will easily forget about what never happened with the drm and 24 hour check in. Microsoft was made fully aware that those policies would cost them bigtime.

The $500.00 price tag is an issue but in a year and a half it will be at least $100.00 less and HALO will be here.
Xbox #1 is going forward full speed and it's glorious and so nice.

You're welcome and good morning.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#52method115Posted 11/6/2013 7:27:08 AM
Izec posted...
It had a good chance last gen but Nintendo beat them via fluke and then later even Sony passed them via worldwide sales.

Yet despite this MS was so confident in making revolutionary changes to the industry with Xbox One, and was promptly put into place by consumers. I'm just wondering why a company as rich as MS can't get the grip on victory.

I still feel like MS won last year. They took a major portion of the gaming community from Sony and almost beat them. They also got everyone to pay for internet which Sony didn't so they gained a lot more money.
#53gambit444Posted 11/6/2013 7:36:04 AM
So many casualties in this senseless console war. Where are the folk singers singing about bringing our gamers home?

but seriously, TC (and other band wagoners) sounds so stupid trying to amp up this imagined war.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#54BigSnappaXPosted 11/6/2013 7:37:08 AM
Izec posted...
It had a good chance last gen but Nintendo beat them via fluke and then later even Sony passed them via worldwide sales.

Yet despite this MS was so confident in making revolutionary changes to the industry with Xbox One, and was promptly put into place by consumers. I'm just wondering why a company as rich as MS can't get the grip on victory.

Here you go sir.. Enjoy... and close this silly topic.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/how-the-xbox-360-won-the-console-war-1196990?src=rss&attr=all
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
#55Izec(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 7:44:17 AM
gambit444 posted...
but seriously, TC (and other band wagoners) sounds so stupid trying to amp up this imagined war.

If it's imaginary, why do the console developers consistently make deals to keep games from being released on other platforms, keep other consoles out of of the advertising/media limelight, and otherwise undercut the other console developers? Why did we have commercials like "Sega does what Nintendon't" and "this is how you share games on PS4"?

If there's no war they should be able to coexist peacefully, and everything'd be multiplat.

BigSnappaX posted...
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/how-the-xbox-360-won-the-console-war-1196990?src=rss&attr=all

From the article: "The Xbox 360 is only slightly behind PS3 on sales"

Why should I read the rest? It's undoubtedly about irrelevant stuff because even they admit 360 lost in sales.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#56RisingWaterPosted 11/6/2013 7:44:53 AM
MS has won the software war though,they have sold a lot lot more software than Sony.

Pretty embarrassing for Sony,if you ask me.
#57Joey-ZazaPosted 11/6/2013 7:46:41 AM
Hate to say this but that's like saying "Will the Windows Phone beat Galaxys and iPhones?"
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#58MilesTeg420Posted 11/6/2013 7:46:48 AM
RisingWater posted...
MS has won the software war though,they have sold a lot lot more software than Sony.

Pretty embarrassing for Sony,if you ask me.

Too bad for them, that's changing this time.
#59maheo30Posted 11/6/2013 7:56:54 AM
Oh good. Another thread where a bunch a 2 year olds fight over which toy is better. These never get old.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#60SupaflyGibsonPosted 11/6/2013 7:59:48 AM
The 360 was this gen. Pretty sad that people care either way though
---
gt: For Spartaa