#62Exodus_PrimePosted 11/6/2013 7:04:07 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
- It is official, Xbox 360 has outsold PS3 worldwide

fallen
Currently Online
293 posts since 24/04/10
Recent Badges:
fallen 56 minutes ago
As I and other astute number crunchers would have suggested...the PS2 combining gave people an opening to claim PS3 was in the lead, but the numbers didn't supprt that.

Today Sony announces 80 million PS3's sold today Nov 6. Microsoft announced the same on Oct 17

Links:

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/worldwide-playstation-3-sales-reach-80-million

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/17/xbox-360-80-million-sold-and-counting

Edit: oops I meant this in the sales forum? Not sure the protocol here...Guess I will repost it in sales?

You know they're going to spin this truth into oblivion right,and throw any and every exclusive at you to somehow make you think other wise of what you posted somehow isn't true.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#63EllesarienPosted 11/6/2013 7:14:44 AM(edited)
They maybe have not won a 'console war'...whatever that is and how do you win it anyways...

But they did win the "Increase market share' category from the 1st Xbox to the 360.

They basically jumped into a market that was completely dominated by two companies and somehow grabbed a huge amount of their market share where they are pretty much on equal grounds now.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#64CyborgTwentyPosted 11/6/2013 9:02:19 AM
Ellesarien posted...
They maybe have not won a 'console war'...whatever that is and how do you win it anyways...

But they did win the "Increase market share' category from the 1st Xbox to the 360.

They basically jumped into a market that was completely dominated by two companies and somehow grabbed a huge amount of their market share where they are pretty much on equal grounds now.

That's all i have to say to that:

CyborgTwenty posted...
*Nintendo enters the console business and reigns supreme for 2 generations straight*
*Sony enters the console business and reigns supreme for 2 generations straight*
*Microsoft enters the console business and is barely able to keep second place 2 generations in a row*
#65gray_fox_00Posted 11/6/2013 9:04:22 AM
Honestly anyone making a good profit wins at the console war.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#66Laylow12Posted 11/6/2013 9:06:01 AM
Microsoft is done after this generation as a video game company.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#67lovbbwsPosted 11/9/2013 6:52:18 PM
no
#68BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/9/2013 7:01:17 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Microsoft is done after this generation as a video game company.

I truly hope they would take their fans with them. ^^
---
Farewell Steve WarChest Ballmer. Goodbye Xbox brand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#69HypereiaPosted 11/9/2013 7:08:30 PM
benjimain posted...
Izec posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

Daaaamn! That is pure barbarity!

---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#70YodaCrackersPosted 11/9/2013 7:39:39 PM(edited)
PS2: 120 million (at PS3's launch)
Xbox: 25 million

PS3: 80 million
360: 80 million

If you went back to 2005 and showed people the PS3/360 numbers no one would believe you. The PS2 completely dominated the industry last gen. There was no contest. For Microsoft to come back with their second console and tie the PlayStation is a bigger victory than even they could have imagined. Sony made so many mistakes and Microsoft took advantage. Xbox was solidified as a household name synonymous with gaming just as PlayStation had once been.

The PS3 had a bit of a surge later in its life but it was too little, too late. The Xbox brand has made nothing but progress in the last 8 years, while PlayStation has completely fallen behind the glory days. And that is precisely why Sony is fighting so hard now to retake the crown. The competition is fierce. Xbox and PlayStation are equally strong brands now with Xbox dominating English-speaking countries and PlayStation more popular in Europe.

But there is no way I would consider this gen a loss for Microsoft. It was an absolute win for the Xbox brand, a win for Nintendo, and a loss for Sony. I can't imagine Sony seeing it any other way either. If you're only looking at the hardware numbers, or the PS3 passing the 360 by a few thousand units, then you are completely missing the bigger picture.
---
"I think chemical weapons dealers have a more tolerable consumer base than videogames. I am truly embarrassed for this industry." -Adam Sessler