Will Microsoft ever win a console war?

#71yiangaruuugaPosted 11/9/2013 9:22:07 PM
Sales doesn't determine the winner. I'd say Xbox won last gen due to the uprising of multiplayer gaming and the better overall service for online multiplayer. PS will always have more sales, because it does better globally, whereas Xbox does better domestically.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#72masumane2Posted 11/9/2013 9:27:18 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
RisingWater posted...
MS has won the software war though,they have sold a lot lot more software than Sony.

Pretty embarrassing for Sony,if you ask me.

Too bad for them, that's changing this time.

I can speak for a lot of us when I say that buying Xbox One games seems sketchy
---
Christians don't believe in gravity
#73orestes1981Posted 11/9/2013 10:27:47 PM
GreenMage7 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
anime02 posted...
The Xbox doesn't make money for Microsoft. Entertainment and Devices posted a $110 million loss last quarter. For fiscal 2013, its operating income was less than a billion. Microsoft's overall operating income was $26.7 billion.

yikes, as a MS supporter, I was not aware of this, but now that I am, I concede the 360 lost. I am honestly shocked; the 360 was actually sold for a profit, and considering how popular the 360 was, I assumed they made a ton of profit. They need to stop spending so much money on excessive advertising, such as constantly paying every celebrity money to feature them.

What a joke. I'm getting a PS4 and probably letting friend have my Xbone pre-order for now, but Xbox Live during the 360 era was super profitable while the Playstation Network literally lost a ton of money. Microsoft easily made the most money last gen with the most third party sales, people paying for Live every month, and other things.

The "Entertainment and Devices" loss has nothing to do with Xbox. It was all about Surface crashing harder than Zune and Windows Phone. The 360 was literally one of the things keeping it from being ridiculous.

The Playstation brand for Sony was hemorrhaging money all the way up until 2011, and probably still is since Playstation Network still isn't really profitable.

From launch to now, the Xbox 360 easily made the most money out of the three consoles all things considered (the Wii maybe would have won if it wouldn't have literally died after 2010). It's not going to happen this time around but there is a lot of misinformation around here.

Not according to people that invest, speculators, etc. You know, people that actually have real money...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#74LoveSheepPosted 11/9/2013 10:29:33 PM
Izec posted...
It had a good chance last gen but Nintendo beat them via fluke and then later even Sony passed them via worldwide sales.

Yet despite this MS was so confident in making revolutionary changes to the industry with Xbox One, and was promptly put into place by consumers. I'm just wondering why a company as rich as MS can't get the grip on REALITY.

Fixed it for you
---
Still no to Xbox ONE Hard Drive is too small and can't be upgraded or replaced.
The Kinect adds cost to the console I rather buy a game not a GIMMICK.
#75Cowboy082288Posted 11/9/2013 10:45:26 PM(edited)
...... the problem with these sort of 'who won the console war' arguments is that there is no score board. It's more like a football game where we track multiple statistics but don't have actual scores. This makes determining a winner or loser quite difficult.

Ultimately I would say all three Sony, MS, Nintendo won in their own way. Proof of that is the fact they all have new consoles on the market or soon to be. A real loser in console market would be a company like sega or atari. Those guys had to pull out of the market. That is losing.

Remember, the dedicated gaming device market is like any other. There are up trends and down trends. Good years and bad years. But there is not an equivalent of 'there is 5 seconds left on the clock, if MS hits this shot they win, if they don't they lose'. That is just not the right way to think about it.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#76bloodlover4everPosted 11/9/2013 11:31:19 PM
Izec posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

Source of this please. I would like to read the original article.
#77SparkItUpPosted 11/10/2013 12:03:15 AM
Izec posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

Stop it right now! Facts are not welcomed on Gamefaqs :/

;)
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#78MetroidFan9999Posted 11/10/2013 12:09:33 AM
I laugh a little inside when "...but...but....PROFITS!" shows it's face on a video game message board.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#79meteor9898Posted 11/10/2013 12:19:26 AM
khardbored posted...
You don't win a console war.

Um, yeah you do. Sony won the last two, and Nintendo won the two before that, and I don't really care who won before the NES. Your worthless asinine bleeding heart sentimentality doesn't change the fact that yeah consoles wars are a thing and yeah they matter and waaaaaaahhhhh.
#80Cowboy082288Posted 11/10/2013 12:30:33 AM
meteor9898 posted...
khardbored posted...
You don't win a console war.

Um, yeah you do. Sony won the last two, and Nintendo won the two before that, and I don't really care who won before the NES. Your worthless asinine bleeding heart sentimentality doesn't change the fact that yeah consoles wars are a thing and yeah they matter and waaaaaaahhhhh.

Famous quote from Steve Jobs: "We have to let go of this notion that for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose."

Try to understand this, and you will see why 'console wars' declared winner is a stupid notion.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni