Will Microsoft ever win a console war?

#91CyborgTwentyPosted 11/14/2013 3:55:10 AM
dnmt posted...
darkness1018 posted...
Nope, I don't think they'll ever win one. If the XB1 doesn't do well this may be their last console..

Very true, several potential CEOs have already floated the idea of selling off the Xbox division due to its continued money hemorrhaging. The future for the Xbone is uncertain at best.

The words Xbox and Future in the same sentence LOL.
#92IminyourclosetPosted 11/14/2013 4:19:39 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
dnmt posted...
darkness1018 posted...
Nope, I don't think they'll ever win one. If the XB1 doesn't do well this may be their last console..

Very true, several potential CEOs have already floated the idea of selling off the Xbox division due to its continued money hemorrhaging. The future for the Xbone is uncertain at best.

The words Xbox and Future in the same sentence LOL.

The future for the xbox one is good

The future for the xbox one is bad

I don't understand your point
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#93CyborgTwentyPosted 11/14/2013 5:43:10 AM
Mr.Elop made it pretty clear that Xbox doesn't have a future.
#94xninjagrrlPosted 11/14/2013 5:53:09 AM
anime02 posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3. MS hasn't had a true permanent price cut in 4 years. If they were truly worried they would have had a price cut. We never saw one.

I thought the xbox side of microsoft constantly lost money which is why aleast one person (that recently got on the board of directors[?]) wants to sell off the xbox brand.

And sonys going broke because everything they make is crap. Whens the last time sony was the leading manufacturer of oh anything? Their car stereo, home audio, heck tv line hasnt produced anything to rave about in years. No one buys a bravia or whatever sony is calling it these days, they are buying a samsung or gross a vizio.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#95Phrostbyte101Posted 11/14/2013 6:02:35 AM
Valve will win next console war.
---
---
Phenom 955 @ 3.8Ghz, GA-MA790XT-UD4P, 4gbs XMS3 DHX @ 1600, Crossfire 4890's @ 950/1100, Thermaltake Contac 30 sink, OCZ Vertex 2 90gb
#96Blizz87Posted 11/14/2013 9:23:00 AM
They did win the U.S the 360 is still way more popular than the ps3 and even in the UK. Its the other places that tend to lean towards Sony such as Japan.
#97miethaPosted 11/14/2013 9:27:51 AM
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3. MS hasn't had a true permanent price cut in 4 years. If they were truly worried they would have had a price cut. We never saw one.

You MIGHT want to check your facts there. Hiding your losses is not making a profit.
#98miethaPosted 11/14/2013 9:28:24 AM
Phrostbyte101 posted...
Valve will win next console war.
---

Valve will END the console wars.
#99SythisTaruPosted 11/14/2013 9:48:12 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Izec posted...
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

That was quite literally a virtual knockout punch lol.

Wonder how long before the fanboys in denial start trying to dismantle this.

Are you kidding me? Of course that's fake. All real sources say Microsoft DEVASTATED all competition this gen.
#100TheAvianheartPosted 11/14/2013 10:01:55 AM
BigSnappaX posted...
Izec posted...
It had a good chance last gen but Nintendo beat them via fluke and then later even Sony passed them via worldwide sales.

Yet despite this MS was so confident in making revolutionary changes to the industry with Xbox One, and was promptly put into place by consumers. I'm just wondering why a company as rich as MS can't get the grip on victory.

Here you go sir.. Enjoy... and close this silly topic.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/how-the-xbox-360-won-the-console-war-1196990?src=rss&attr=all

Well, when you put an article written by the editor of the OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE of course it's going to be a biased source. And even then, he admits the 360 sold less.

The main reason microsoft won't win is their attitude. They came in with changes based around giving consumers less freedom, and when people didn't like it, went completly up their own arse.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-xbox-one-we-are-winning-the-games-message/1100-6414898/

"Some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future"

They don't even admit they had terrible ideas, they don't say that, in this instance, the customer was right, they just say "Oh, well clearly our consumers are just living in the past and don't have their eyes on the future." It took them a month to acknowledge this, and they STILL had the audacity to say they came out on top. Say what you what about Nintendo and Sony, at least they pretend to care about the people keeping them in buisness.

In the end, we have a console which is costing $100 more, yet can't run out of the box, can't run games as well as their direct competitor, or even their past version, ignores the "Gaming" part of video games console in return for features which should be optional at best, and still plans to implement all the things everyone said they didn't want. And yet Microsoft is so delusional, they still insist on saying "We win!"
---
Welcome to Swords. I like Cornelia.
3DS Friendcode: 2793-0592-3206