If I don't like Kinect why should I pay $500 for X1?

#1NathanDrakeSwagPosted 11/5/2013 6:44:37 PM
If all I want to do is play games. Don't care about voice commands or Skype or TV guide how could the price still be justified?

I'm strictly talking about what is included in the box and in the hardware so answers like $60 online service or $60 games that don't come included don't count.

What about the X1 itself makes it worth the $500 if I don't care about Kinect?
#2Lord_Ka1nPosted 11/5/2013 6:47:01 PM
you shouldnt
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#3BrownGottiPosted 11/5/2013 6:48:41 PM
Kinect is integrated into some games like BF4 and Nba2K14. You don't have to use it, but it's there.
#4BbrendoshiPosted 11/5/2013 6:51:15 PM
Any gaming choice should ultimately come down to budget, features, preferred games, control method preference (this is void for pc, as they can generally pick any option), and where your friends will be.

If you don't have friends you want to play with on the x1, and have no interest in their exclusive games, then honestly the ps4 would probably be better for you.

The cloud will be interesting, but if you don't see the point of the other features (kinect), it probably wouldn't be worth your time.
---
Gamertag: Sakori
#5RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 6:53:35 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
If all I want to do is play games. Don't care about voice commands or Skype or TV guide how could the price still be justified?

I'm strictly talking about what is included in the box and in the hardware so answers like $60 online service or $60 games that don't come included don't count.

What about the X1 itself makes it worth the $500 if I don't care about Kinect?

Then this console is obviously not for you. If you JUST want to play games, then pay $400 for the ps4, and do not get angry when the X1 has even more features down the line, and the ps4 is still trying to add media support. I never understand these ppl complaining they will never use the features....THEN DONT BUY the X1. Do you go to every company/store and tell them why you will or will not buy their product? Of course not, so why here?
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#6BraxSimeonPosted 11/5/2013 6:53:45 PM
You shouldn't pay $500 for an XB1 for the same reason you shouldn't pay $400 for a PS4 if you don't like social sharing or Netflix streaming on your game console. Sorry, they are screwing you by forcing you to pay for that crap when I know all you really want is to play Knack.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#7NathanDrakeSwag(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 6:55:16 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
You shouldn't pay $500 for an XB1 for the same reason you shouldn't pay $400 for a PS4 if you don't like social sharing or Netflix streaming on your game console. Sorry, they are screwing you by forcing you to pay for that crap when I know all you really want is to play Knack.

Netflix and sharing don't cost anything extra. Nice try tho.
#8BraxSimeonPosted 11/5/2013 6:57:35 PM
BraxSimeon posted...

Yeah, those features just magically jumped into the PS4 for free. Just like a wireless network card.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#9KID VIDPosted 11/5/2013 7:00:31 PM
BraxSimeon posted...

What does it matter? PS4 is only for games, right? You need to pay for multiplayer though.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#10Ironman06Posted 11/5/2013 7:28:43 PM
Then don't. Go play uncharted on your playstation like your username implies and stop trolling the xbox one board with stupid questions.