If I don't like Kinect why should I pay $500 for X1?

#41blk911Posted 11/6/2013 1:35:36 AM
Because your a Microsoft Fan. And you love bending over for Microsft.

(Kinect Included)
#42lilj812Posted 11/6/2013 1:38:44 AM
_Upgrayedd_ posted...
lilj812 posted...
_Upgrayedd_ posted...
Kid Maze posted...
^sssssshhhh everything

Are you a terrorist?

What if we just don't want unknown people knowing our business?

What do you have to hide? Are you a drug dealer? Do you re-broadcast football games without the express written consent of the NFL?

My business. I'm a law abiding citizen and I don't want people all up in my business. Why do I have to be up to something?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#43Cowboy082288Posted 11/6/2013 1:41:25 AM
blk911 posted...
Because your a Microsoft Fan. And you love bending over for Microsft.

(Kinect Included)

hmm but I think:

You know this is just sad. I mean really really sad. Trolling on this board used to be sophisticated. Pure woks of art. Now trolling has degenerated to sad attempts such as this thread.

This is what the TC said:
"If all I want to do is play games. Don't care about voice commands or Skype or TV guide how could the price still be justified?

I'm strictly talking about what is included in the box and in the hardware so answers like $60 online service or $60 games that don't come included don't count.

What about the X1 itself makes it worth the $500 if I don't care about Kinect?"

I mean come one.... you mine as well have said "you know what I hate, is consoles that have 300,000 servers dedicated to their online functionality. That sort of stuff really pisses me off!"

If you want to troll properly don't just call out every unique feature of the console you are attempting to troll and say 'I don't like that'. You must subtly undermine the console at it's core. Here I will give you an example of much better trolling:

The major problem with the X1 is not that it is not as good as a PS4 (that is completely subjective) the major problem is that it doesn't do anything particularly well. Sure the X1 is a better multimedia device than the PS4 but is it the best multimedia device? Well no it's is not, things such as an iPad or PC offer much more flexibility than a X1.

So is it the best gaming device? Well no, again it is not. PS4 and PC have better hardware (very noticeable with PC). Does it have the best camera device? Again no, there are manufactures that make better 'time of flight' cameras than the Kinect 2. The Kinect 2 is decent for it's price but again it is not on the for front of that technology.

Does the X1 have the best cloud service? Well this is a very tricky thing to quantify, but for the time being Google is certainly the industry leader in providing cloud support to games. Google already has years of experience in this and are growing their cloud support to game developers every year.

So in the end, yes the X1 is the all in one device but it doesn't do any one thing well. There are better options for everything the X1 does. Instead of paying $500 for this supposedly all in one choice, just spend your money on the better options.

Now TC, why is that better trolling you might ask. Let me explain, I never revealed myself as a die hard supporter of any other platform, I didn't say things like "Xbone fail", nor did it specifically say I didn't like any particular feature. What did I do though? Well I created many strawman arguments where I compared X1 features to niche high end markets or markets that are aimed at a different audiences for varying reasons. Also in one case I stated what is currently true as if it would always remain this way (even though that is silly it works for trolling).

This sort of thing gives your audience (victims) many different things to argue about. Prolonging the thread and ultimately increasing your enjoyment. Trolling is an art form and the sloppy work you did is frankly inexcusable. If you would like to learn more about how to properly troll go to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQB4nAjZIdE
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#44JohnHalo343Posted 11/6/2013 1:46:22 AM
What really makes TC pathetic is he doesn't even respond to everyone calling him out on his trolling. He knows his posts are garbage and that he never has anything to say worth reading, so he just sits back and acknowledges that we know he is a typical, spineless, deceitful, lying, Sony Fanboy/Troll.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#45BrokenChaos666Posted 11/6/2013 2:03:56 AM
I don't think the extra $100 is worth paying if you don't like or want the Kinect. It's one reason I won't get an Xbox One. If the price was $300, like the console is worth with that hardware and had no Kinect, then I might entertain the idea of owning one eventually.
---
3DS FC: 0748-1461-3958
Pokemon Y Safari: Ice! PM if you'd like me to add you. :)
#46Rdeal2Posted 11/6/2013 4:21:56 AM
My phone comes with a camera i will never use,does it make the phone cost more?yes,do i go to a forum complaining about it and saying they should release the phone without the camera?no
Kinect is now part of the XB1 so either buy it or don't but please stop complaining about it
#47chrish909Posted 11/6/2013 5:06:04 AM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
If all I want to do is play games. Don't care about voice commands or Skype or TV guide how could the price still be justified?

I'm strictly talking about what is included in the box and in the hardware so answers like $60 online service or $60 games that don't come included don't count.

What about the X1 itself makes it worth the $500 if I don't care about Kinect?

If all you want to do is play games then buy ps4 and play killzone and indys.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#48SithMasterDKPosted 11/6/2013 5:35:02 AM
I really disliked the Kinect, but I hear of one possibly cool feature integrated into Dead Rising 3 with the Kinect. Apparently, if the Kinect picks up a loud noise from someone or something in the room, then it will attract the zombie horde to you.

Yea it's a little thing, but imagine screwing with someone that was playing it, trying to sneak around the zombies with little life, and you run in and clap your hands... Hilarious lol.

This got me thinking of what other little things it probably will be used for in another games. All in all I really don't mind paying the extra $100 bucks for the console of my choice, even if the Kinect wasn't included.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.
#49reincarnator07Posted 11/6/2013 5:39:01 AM
You shouldn't. People forget they can vote with their wallets.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#50TheGam3925Posted 11/6/2013 6:12:16 AM
Rdeal2 posted...
My phone comes with a camera i will never use,does it make the phone cost more?yes,do i go to a forum complaining about it and saying they should release the phone without the camera?no
Kinect is now part of the XB1 so either buy it or don't but please stop complaining about it

Horrible analogy. The kinect isn't built in to the Xbox One, it doesn't even need to be hooked up for the console to function.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925