Microsoft Should Have Taken Sony's Approach

#61Ryan-06Posted 11/6/2013 2:08:29 AM
You are ignoring 22 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

This board is great! woo! keep fighting children ^_^d

http://i.imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. My type of girl - http://youtu.be/jhTaQizF4z4
#62MrSpaM111Posted 11/6/2013 2:13:24 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
orestes1981 posted...
69bladez posted...
Xbox one offers more variety. Between cloud and kinect, if done right will separate the two. Ps4 offers nothing but better graphics.

The PS4 has the cloud, processing power, and pretty much everything the Xbox One can do...but better. I guess the only difference is the Kinect is bigger than the PS4 Eye.

what a flat out lie. The ps4 cannot handle the clud on par with the X1 because the X1 has more OS multitasking capabilities.

Confirmation you have no idea what your talking about
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#63Spetsnaz420Posted 11/6/2013 2:51:25 AM
I don't see the all in one aspect pushing systems at this most gamers (the ones who buy consoles) already have a good media PC and smart phones/tablets. The only media aspects that MS has that the others don't is integrated TV...which while being a decent feature is not a tood reason to buy a console when your TV can already do this. I used my PS3 for a time for streaming media but that all stopped when I go a second PC. There are too many other devices that do these things better than MS and Sony.

I'm buying my next console for gaming and anything else is a nice bonus
---
I don't conform to social convention
#64Xuande12Posted 11/6/2013 3:41:09 AM
I want a gamer's console, Netflix, and a blu ray player, could care less about all the other gimmicks that appeal to the minority.
---
RIP Rainbow Six (1998-2004).
#65TheRealPhattyJPosted 11/6/2013 4:08:55 AM
game freakozoid posted...
Anyone else reading this topic love to just see Ragnarok completely get shut down on all his points time and time again and then watch him just close his eyes and go, "Nah nah nah nah nah" when people post proof against him. Ragnarok, I'm sure you won't admit it but you know deep down that you are losing this debate. Go actually find some proof to help you out. Seriously, you need it.

And LOL at the whole you need more than one OS to multitask thought process. That is probably the most adorably backwards and wrong kind of thinking this board has seen since that one poster's famous use of math to justify why the Xbox One is cheaper.

what's funniest is that in another topic I just read he's going all apes*** on how the Xbox can keep up with the PS4 (ram-wise) because all 3os'es DON'T all run at the same time eating up resources. Post was in one of the topics I just read in the last few minutes, but I can't find it now.
#66EvilTrashPosted 11/6/2013 5:48:01 AM
BraxSimeon posted...
The PS3 had HALF the RAM of the 360, and it survived just fine. There's way too much focus put on specifics of the architecture 'round here.

Not really. The 360 has 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM shared by the CPU and GPU. The PS3 has 256 MB of GDDR3 RAM for the GPU and another 256 MB of XDR RAM, which runs at a much higher frequency than the GDDR3. In total, it's the same amount of RAM (except for the 10 MB of eDRAM which gives the Xbox 360 a slight advantage). The unified memory pool was a convenience to the 360's architecture, but the PS3 still had the same amount of memory and the GPU in the PS3 was capable of accessing the XDR RAM, however I'm fairly certain the problem was just that the CPU couldn't access the GDDR3 RAM. So the CPU had access to half the memory, but the GPU had access to the same amount of memory? Something like that... The 360 most definitely had a RAM advantage over the PS3 though, and made development much easier, which is why multiplatform games often had a 360 advantage, but that architecture advantage is totally gone for Microsoft this generation and PS4 will have the significant advantage this time around.
#67RagnoraokPosted 11/6/2013 5:49:44 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
game freakozoid posted...
Anyone else reading this topic love to just see Ragnarok completely get shut down on all his points time and time again and then watch him just close his eyes and go, "Nah nah nah nah nah" when people post proof against him. Ragnarok, I'm sure you won't admit it but you know deep down that you are losing this debate. Go actually find some proof to help you out. Seriously, you need it.

And LOL at the whole you need more than one OS to multitask thought process. That is probably the most adorably backwards and wrong kind of thinking this board has seen since that one poster's famous use of math to justify why the Xbox One is cheaper.

what's funniest is that in another topic I just read he's going all apes*** on how the Xbox can keep up with the PS4 (ram-wise) because all 3os'es DON'T all run at the same time eating up resources. Post was in one of the topics I just read in the last few minutes, but I can't find it now.

umm, I don't recall saying That. I was saying that the Esram is not as weak as other claimed. In conjunction with the cloud, some memory can be offloaded and taken off the cloud. Then, devs can use the free space to code for other stuff. I never stated it could keep up with the ps4.

Its funny how all of these ppl never contribute to a conversation other than to ridicule others. I was in a debate with 2 other ppl for 3 pages, noone came along contributing ANYTHING, and now that the confusion has been cleared up everyone is a master engineer and gives their 2 cents AFTER the fact. Plus, my observation about multitasking can still be applied as to why Sony's implementation of the instant switching and voice commands may not live up to the X1's version, because the X1's OS can multitask better. I was just confused about the cloud, which is moot anyways considering MS has 300,000 servers, which should make the cloud stronger on the X1 anyways.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#68IzecPosted 11/6/2013 5:50:52 AM
Microsoft doesn't have to make an easy to develop for console because they can just buy exclusives, like with Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, etc.

Gotta love moneyhatting.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#69EvilTrashPosted 11/6/2013 6:02:38 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
@gameboybryce

LMFAO!!! You lack basic comprehension. The OS makes multitasking possible. The ps4 has fewer OS, therefore it cannot multiask on par with the X1.

Utterly ridiculous. Is Windows 7 "multiple operating systems" or just 1? Can you multitask with Windows 7? What it really comes down to is clock cycles. Multitasking means that the operating system has to manage the machine's resources in a way that some clock cycles are devoted to one task and some to the other task, such that the two tasks are running concurrently, or at least appear to be running simultaneously enough on the surface that to the human experience it is indistinguishable from concurrency. The only way having multiple OS's could provide "better multitasking" is if some cores on the CPU were dedicated to one OS, but this has the effect of reducing the overall processing power that each task is capable of. An efficiently designed single OS can multitask just about as well as having distinct resources for each task, but has the benefit of a higher top-end of productivity due to having access to all available resources. If multiple OSs are being used but each has access to all resources, then it's simply a different architectural approach to the same problem that can also be solved by a single OS. There would be no inherent benefit to either solution, it all comes down to the quality of the OS code and the design of the system, either one could potentially be better than the other.
#70BadLuckIncPosted 11/6/2013 6:07:04 AM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
69bladez posted...
Xbox one offers more variety. Between cloud and kinect, if done right will separate the two. Ps4 offers nothing but better graphics.

X1 offers nothing new at all. Even the graphics are already outdated. Nobody likes Kinect. Even the most diehard Xbox fanboys hated it until they found out it was required and now they pretend to love it.

Lol this post is so wrong. Why are you on this board again? That's right you are excited to get a Xbox One too =) Awesome, it's almost here!
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk