Xbox fans: "it's not about the graphics but the gameplay.. And I hate indies"

#1lilj812Posted 11/5/2013 6:25:16 PM
Does that make sense? After hearin about 720p gaming, suddenly graphics don't matter and it's all about the gameplay. But before they were bashing indie games because Sony has lots of indie support, and indie games are known mostly for their gameplay.

So which is it Xbox fans??
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#2snowboard340Posted 11/5/2013 6:26:24 PM
I wonder how many topics you make a day. Do you have a schedule with an alarm going off telling you to make new topics?
#3RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 6:29:59 PM
lilj812 posted...
Does that make sense? After hearin about 720p gaming, suddenly graphics don't matter and it's all about the gameplay. But before they were bashing indie games because Sony has lots of indie support, and indie games are known mostly for their gameplay.

So which is it Xbox fans??

horrible logic. Ppl may not like the gameplay of Indie games(such as myself), but still believe gameplay> graphics. For example, Iove TEKKEN for its rich gameplay, but if an Indie cheap fighter comes out, I ill judge it on its gameplay.

Plus, Indies are known for their REFRESHING gameplay, NOT good gameplay. Those are the same hipsters who hate shooters and mainstream fighters.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#4assassin10133Posted 11/5/2013 6:32:53 PM
I've always accepted that the PS4 is a little more powerful so the graphics don't really bother me, the games will look better significantly than on 360 so I'm good with that, if I was worried about the best graphics I'd upgrade my PC. I've said this plenty already, you buy consoles for exclusives now, not the best graphics.

The only issue I have with the Indie argument is I keep hearing that when the 360 had all of the Indies and PS3 had nothing the Sony fans were going "ha ha stupid Indies, no one cares about them", but now that the roles are reversed Indies are apparently golden in the eyes of some PS4 fans. It's like one of those things that only matters if the side you're supporting has it, otherwise it's garbage: AKA hypocritical.
#5looselinkPosted 11/5/2013 7:05:55 PM
assassin10133 posted...
I've always accepted that the PS4 is a little more powerful so the graphics don't really bother me, the games will look better significantly than on 360 so I'm good with that, if I was worried about the best graphics I'd upgrade my PC. I've said this plenty already, you buy consoles for exclusives now, not the best graphics.

The only issue I have with the Indie argument is I keep hearing that when the 360 had all of the Indies and PS3 had nothing the Sony fans were going "ha ha stupid Indies, no one cares about them", but now that the roles are reversed Indies are apparently golden in the eyes of some PS4 fans. It's like one of those things that only matters if the side you're supporting has it, otherwise it's garbage: AKA hypocritical.

Well yeah, when the 360 was the one with all the indies playstation gamers hadn't played them, so all they saw was some bad looking games.

This time around however both sides have had extensive time with indies, except the Xbox is now losing them.
#6LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/5/2013 7:11:06 PM
That's a damn good question? Before this 720p mess, the bots were bashing indies like crazy.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#7sworderPosted 11/5/2013 7:15:18 PM
looselink posted...
assassin10133 posted...

Well yeah, when the 360 was the one with all the indies playstation gamers hadn't played them, so all they saw was some bad looking games.

This time around however both sides have had extensive time with indies, except the Xbox is now losing them.

Plus the indies 360 had way back when PS3 didn't have any kinda sucked. It's only recently where indies in consoles have actually gotten good enough to compete with AAA games and win GOTY awards
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 11/5/2013 7:16:57 PM
There is no contradiction here, no matter how hard ponies try to invent one. 720p CoD is a tiny step in difference visually from 1080p CoD, and will play just the same. Indies are inferior (to AAA games of any resolution) in gameplay by a much wider margin. Indie is literally amateur games on a budget.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#9NewMoonShadowPosted 11/5/2013 7:22:11 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
There is no contradiction here, no matter how hard ponies try to invent one. 720p CoD is a tiny step in difference visually from 1080p CoD, and will play just the same. Indies are inferior (to AAA games of any resolution) in gameplay by a much wider margin. Indie is literally amateur games on a budget.

Indie games aren't always "amateur". Technically "Mighty #9" is an indie game despite being headed by one of the most widely known men in the gaming industry, and then you have Double Fine Productions also being indie. I've played AAA games with far, far worse gameplay than the average indie game.
#10DK DeathKnightPosted 11/5/2013 7:23:57 PM
Remember this
" The PS3 is just a glorified media system and blu ray player, The 360 is what I want, a game console." Man the roles are reversed now it's not even funny. Except now they are defending what they once were attacking.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.