Is the reason that Microsoft got the NFL license...

#1ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 11/5/2013 6:42:10 PM
...to attempt to make their own competitor to Madden?

I could see this happening. MS has the money to pull it off. If it happens, I wonder what the name would be. Maybe NFL Fever again?
#2orestes1981Posted 11/5/2013 6:48:13 PM
Nope. EA still has it. The reason they got it was to get more of the demographic that probably enjoy their games... The same people that bought the Wii because it did motion control and stuff like that.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#3LuDaCRis073Posted 11/5/2013 7:24:42 PM
No, I think there going after the fantasy football crowd. You can do the snap feature; watch the game and get fantasy stats at the same time.
---
Rawr!
#4billsfanno1Posted 11/5/2013 7:51:53 PM
DirecTV exclusivity deal ends next year. It is thought that NFL may split broadcast and digital rights. It would be huge for MS and X1 if they win the digital rights. Look at how many people have satellite systems primarily to get the NFL season ticket. X1 could offer season ticket and integrated fantasy football app -- it could outsell PS4 in the US on this feature alone.
#5DillMan926Posted 11/5/2013 7:54:43 PM
The NFL features on Xbox One look awesome. I am looking forward to the Xbox One almost more for the entertainment pieces, plugging my cable box into, getting all the NFL features and other streaming apps. controlling it with kinect or my ipad. Gonna be cool.
---
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap
#6ExtremelyFatGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 1:10:12 AM
I still think MS is cozying up to the NFL to get their own game. Personally, I'd be excited about it. Why restrict something as popular as NFL to one game? It's not like it would affect Maddens' quality--it would improve it.
#7Alienware4LifePosted 11/6/2013 1:39:50 AM
I'm really hoping Microsoft gets digital season ticket license and adds in into Xbox live for a discounted price. Sony will be screwed in North American if that happens.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee