Why are people acting like launch exclusives matter?

#11skermacPosted 11/5/2013 7:42:23 PM
lol at people that cancel preorders due to a launch title.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#12RaukuePosted 11/5/2013 7:42:31 PM
To purposely sound like fanboys.... because that is all Xbox One fanboys have to lord over others. Everything else about Xbone is otherwise nothing to brag about.

I admit though that neither consoles launch exclusives really seem interesting. Though I guess Xbone's is more appealing at first glance.

Still thought, I know how you feel. Everytime I see a post of a fanboy, mostly Xbone fanboy, lording over launch exclusives, really makes me see at how short sighted they are... very much like the AAA publishers that they are worshipping. In which they want their money fast and now. Not thinking about the long term cash. They want a lot of money in a short time rather than get even more money but in a longer period. So... as for those fanboys, they want all their games to come out at the same time that way they just play them here and now and then stop playing them once they are done and then have nothing else to play.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.
#13UtterMoonPosted 11/5/2013 7:44:21 PM
In the long run..they don't matter at all..however they are fairly important to some people. When I look at what both systems are offering at launch I..don't really see a lot of potential. Ryse doesn't look very good and Dead Rising 3 probably made the smallest impression out of any game announced for the next gen., and the only game that really interests me is Knack (because I love those old school kind of platformers).
#14RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 7:44:53 PM
Why would you buy a new console if NOT for the launch games?

Your opinions mean squat. I have a total of 3/25+ ps3 exclusives, and the only one I do not regret buying is Fat Princess.

LOL, how can you assume Sony will have the better lineup based on last gen, when Sony has a launch lineup padded with Indie games? I swear, this board is full of time travelers.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#15NathanDrakeSwagPosted 11/5/2013 7:48:21 PM
Launch exclusives have never mattered. Xbox fanboys are just surprised they are getting any exclusives at all after the 360 had none for the last 4 years so they are overhyping some mediocre trash like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.
#16RaukuePosted 11/5/2013 7:50:02 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Why would you buy a new console if NOT for the launch games?

Your opinions mean squat. I have a total of 3/25+ ps3 exclusives, and the only one I do not regret buying is Fat Princess.

LOL, how can you assume Sony will have the better lineup based on last gen, when Sony has a launch lineup padded with Indie games? I swear, this board is full of time travelers.

Because Sony has a longer and better track record of exclusives. PS1, PS2 and now PS3. So just going by that, and that they own more first party studios, one assumes that will be the cause with PS4.

It's just like those who prefer Xbox and use the better network of Xbox as a positive and assume it will still be better for Xbox One just because of MS's track record with their online service. So... yeah.

If you are one of those people who use Xbox Live as a positive and assume it will be better still on Xbox One. Then you should believe that PS4 will have more and better exclusives as well. And if you don't feel Xbox Live will be better on Xbox One and are holding off to see it for yourself... then go ahead and believe that about PS4 exclusives as well and hold off. Otherwise you know... hypocrite and all.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.
#17MrImpatient35Posted 11/5/2013 7:50:59 PM
People put a lot of importance on launch games because, I think, when they spend $400 or $500 on a console, they want to play something that night. They don't wanna wait until a good game comes out months down the road. Until then, it will be an expensive paperweight. Otherwise, why not wait to buy it? For me, I'd wait to buy PS4 until Infamous Second Son came out. I'm not gonna buy it this month, and play nothing. Yes they have games at launch, but none of them interest me.

Back when X360 came out, I LOVED Kameo. I hope they make another one.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, XFitness (1-Yr free), KI3 (F2P), Proj Spark
#18twa556(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 7:52:59 PM
I meant to give the impression that buying either console first day was dumb.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU6oTlInbs&list
Macarena!
#19regsantotomasPosted 11/5/2013 7:54:58 PM
Well they matter to me because they are games I want to play. It's not like they matter to me with regards to boasting points. If PS4 had better exclusives at launch, I would have kept my preorder. So yeah, they matter.

Long term, they matter much less but they certainly matter at launch along with the other non-exclusive games.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#20SunDevil77Posted 11/5/2013 7:55:55 PM
twa556 posted...
I meant to give the impression that buying either console first day was dumb.

Okay...and why would developers make games for a console that no one buys because they think launch exclusives " do not matter"
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539