Just watched IGN's 15 mins Dead Rising 3 footage

#1benjimainPosted 11/5/2013 10:52:56 PM
Looks like a fun exclusive for you Xbone launch buyers.

I liked the new gore factor that seems to have been upped in ante over the previous ones.

I don't know what to feel about the more serious tone, whether I prefer it or not.

Glad the weapon customisation was in there. Can't wait to see what interesting combinations there are.

As for looks, it doesn't look fully next gen to me. Not saying the 360 could handle it, but it seems an in between of 360 and current gen.

Some of the animations look a bit hokie too. Like WTH happened to the jump animation during development?

Overall, looks like a sweet game. Should be good.
#2656stoogePosted 11/5/2013 10:57:20 PM
Looks good, but I hate the serious tone. At least you can change the character out of those clothes as soon as the game starts. Might look like less of a try hard in something else.

I bet the story will be a mess though.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#3Darkpalidin12Posted 11/5/2013 10:58:19 PM
Thanks for the positive reply Benj. We appreciate you being civil and your compliment. You have my respect.
---
GT: ReturnToHangar PSN: LegendxK1LL3R
#4KID VIDPosted 11/5/2013 11:00:06 PM
benjimain posted...
Looks like a fun exclusive for you Xbone launch buyers.

I liked the new gore factor that seems to have been upped in ante over the previous ones.

I don't know what to feel about the more serious tone, whether I prefer it or not.

Glad the weapon customisation was in there. Can't wait to see what interesting combinations there are.

As for looks, it doesn't look fully next gen to me. Not saying the 360 could handle it, but it seems an in between of 360 and current gen.

Some of the animations look a bit hokie too. Like WTH happened to the jump animation during development?

WTF? Are you feeling okay or did you forget to switch accounts? You actually said something positive about an Xbox One game?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#5benjimain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 11:00:43 PM
Yeah it doesn't look amazing, but good enough. I'll probably pick it up on PS4 after an inevitable port announcement.
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/5/2013 11:00:50 PM
yeah, there's a little bit of this-gen-jankyness that even compressed video can't hide. but, if this is truly unique interiors and exteriors the whole way, then i will excuse a lot.
#7Dev445Posted 11/5/2013 11:01:07 PM
What? No Lol Xbone sucks or 720p remarks. Oh my Gawd what is this world coming too.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#8monkeyluv101Posted 11/5/2013 11:02:04 PM
656stooge posted...
Looks good, but I hate the serious tone. At least you can change the character out of those clothes as soon as the game starts. Might look like less of a try hard in something else.

I bet the story will be a mess though.

I actually like the fact that it's taking a serious tone, seams more like a proper Zombie survival game than the previous entries, couldn't stand the limitation of time in the first game and 2 was just meh. This game along with Forza 5 would get me to buy a X1.
#9benjimain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 11:02:10 PM
WTH people? Why is this surprising? I only speak in facts.
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/5/2013 11:04:21 PM
KID VID posted...
benjimain posted...

WTF? Are you feeling okay or did you forget to switch accounts? You actually said something positive about an Xbox One game?
benjimain posted...
Yeah it doesn't look amazing, but good enough. I'll probably pick it up on PS4 after an inevitable port announcement.
THAT'S the old main!