Just watched IGN's 15 mins Dead Rising 3 footage

#21stawg007Posted 11/6/2013 4:44:30 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
656stooge posted...
KID VID posted...
656stooge posted...
Looks good, but I hate the serious tone. At least you can change the character out of those clothes as soon as the game starts. Might look like less of a try hard in something else.

I bet the story will be a mess though.

I don't see how it has a serious tone when Nick (is that his name?) can wear a one piece string bikini ala Borat. I mean, who does that?

Well, that would be like saying The Last of Us isn't a serious game if Joel could wear a bikini.

It's still far more serious in tone than the last games. Just look at the trailer for it.

And see... the biggest thing hurting my interest post-E3 is the fact that everything they have been showing since then is increasingly wacky and not serious enough. Grimdark E3 demo was exactly what I want DR to become. Leave the wacky crap to garbage like Saints Row, it isn't what makes DR good IMO.

To me, most of the stuff iv seen comes across as more goofy than serious which is disappointing
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#22IzraeilPosted 11/6/2013 5:38:19 AM
KID VID posted...
656stooge posted...
Looks good, but I hate the serious tone. At least you can change the character out of those clothes as soon as the game starts. Might look like less of a try hard in something else.

I bet the story will be a mess though.

I don't see how it has a serious tone when Nick (is that his name?) can wear a one piece string bikini ala Borat. I mean, who does that?

Borat...you just said.
#23DarkJaydragonPosted 11/6/2013 5:39:29 AM
Someone should screen cap this topic.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#24MetroidFan9999Posted 11/6/2013 6:05:55 AM
benjimain posted...
WTH people? Why is this surprising? I only speak in facts.

#TRUTHTOPOWER

And I'm not talking bout sessler's pansy whine fest truth.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#25EvilTrashPosted 11/6/2013 7:13:00 AM(edited)
I see a "First 25 Minutes" video?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/05/the-first-25-minutes-of-dead-rising-3

Anyway, the aliasing and artifacting in this game is pretty atrocious... Honestly, I don't think I'd have a hard time believing you if you told me this was running a 360. I guess it's better than 360 graphics, but it just seems so last-gen. It's definitely not a good showcase of the Xbox One's hardware capabilities... you'd think a next-gen exclusive, Xbox One exclusive game would be better looking than this. Cross-gen games on the Xbox One like Call of Duty and Battlefield look more next-gen than this. I don't get it. Did they develop this with the 360 as its target and then make a late-stage development shift to Xbox One just so Microsoft could claim another XBO exclusive for launch? That's certainly what it looks like to me.

Edit: All that said about the graphics, that wouldn't stop me from playing the game if I was getting an XBO. This is the game that interests me the most by far on that console. I like the artistic direction in that video and the game looks like a lot of fun to me.
#26mrshowtime333Posted 11/6/2013 7:26:01 AM
People have to stop thinking in JUST graphical fidelity. The pure amount of things happening on the screen is the real "next gen" topic you should be discussing. The current gen would never handle this game.
#27SupaShigPosted 11/6/2013 7:26:48 AM
LOL all of the xbot defenders ran in here to scream at TC and were amazed at what they saw. Sadly, their obnoxious comments turned one of the few non troll or fanboy posts on this forum into another stinking pile of dung.

GOD I LOVE THIS BOARD.
#28Dev445Posted 11/6/2013 7:33:18 AM
SupaShig posted...
LOL all of the xbot defenders ran in here to scream at TC and were amazed at what they saw. Sadly, their obnoxious comments turned one of the few non troll or fanboy posts on this forum into another stinking pile of dung.

GOD I LOVE THIS BOARD.

You get off on gamefaqs. that's kind of disturbing.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#29BadLuckIncPosted 11/6/2013 7:33:37 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
People have to stop thinking in JUST graphical fidelity. The pure amount of things happening on the screen is the real "next gen" topic you should be discussing. The current gen would never handle this game.

That's what I'm more impressed with. Graphics are nice, who can argue that, but all the craZY processes that are going on the screen without it slowing down is what makes me the most excited for next gen =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#30benjimain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 7:34:06 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...

I said the number of zombies on screen is impressive. I still stand by my statement that these graphics aren't truly next gen.

But I also accept they cannot be done on the 360. Sort of like "in between gens" that handhelds tend to be.

Not 8th gen, but certainly not 7th. More like 7.5.

Well, basically in between the 360 and PS4.