Can I Be Playing A Game...

#1KID VIDPosted 11/5/2013 11:39:24 PM
...and Skype at the same time? I would like to be playing some Killer Instinct while actually seeing my friend in the upper right corner in real time. Is this possible to do or do I have to switch back and forth between the game and Skype?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#2MmaguyPosted 11/5/2013 11:46:22 PM
Yes, you can play a game and Skype at the same time using the same screen. You can pretty much do anything on the console while playing a game.
#3KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 11:50:32 PM
Mmaguy posted...
Yes, you can play a game and Skype at the same time using the same screen. You can pretty much do anything on the console while playing a game.

That's awesome! I'm really excited about this feature.
---
#4lilj812Posted 11/5/2013 11:54:18 PM
Won't that block the health bars?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#5KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 11:56:53 PM
lilj812 posted...
Won't that block the health bars?

Yeah, most likely. It's not going to make the game any less fun if I can't see the life bars though.
---
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 11/6/2013 2:57:49 AM
I thought the new party chat used skype...correct me if I'm wrong

If I'm right then it better damn well work when in game no?
---
I don't conform to social convention
#7MrSpaM111Posted 11/6/2013 3:01:47 AM
If I remember rightly from the reveal, the video call part of skype comes in from the right hand side of the screen and covers roughly a 3rd of it. There is no way your going to be able to play a fighting game and video call at the same time if this is the case.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#8YeomanlyPosted 11/6/2013 3:16:08 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
If I remember rightly from the reveal, the video call part of skype comes in from the right hand side of the screen and covers roughly a 3rd of it. There is no way your going to be able to play a fighting game and video call at the same time if this is the case.

Ignore the FUD, when you SNAP anything on the XBO, the main image is scaled down, black borders above and below, as seen in the numerous videos of the latest UI.

You will see the entire game screen and be able to adjust the width of the SNAP.