Free game

#131Joey-ZazaPosted 11/6/2013 2:24:29 PM
Sheepinator posted...
GrimMTrixX posted...
But after all this. Nothing. Not a month of xbl, not KI... nothing. Its just the principle of it all. You know? I dont care what i get. Hell id take an avatar prop. But the fact that i get absolutely nothing for pouring money into this console all because i dont spend hundreds of hours mastering 1 game at a time? So dumb and i'm quite mad at the situation. I guess loyalty means gamerscore, and not a decade long membership.

It is unfortunate you have been passed over, but this is entitlement talking. When you bought and played those games it was your choice, for your enjoyment, with no expectation of anything being owed to you or any future reward for doing so. Now that you still aren't being given anything for free, you're mad? Entitlement.

If MS had done this based on the count of games played, that would encourage negative behavior like people loaning games to everyone in a circle of friends just to get their games played statistic higher.

Please.

You're telling me if you've been working for a company for 3 years and you find out the new guy makes more than you that you wouldn't be a little pissed off?
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#132rockstar28Posted 11/6/2013 2:41:05 PM
I agree with the workplace analogy. You dedicate time and effort to a workplace and if you get no recognition then guess what. Give them your walking papers. It is true Microsoft is souring their heaviest supporters who spent a lot of money on their console. I can see it now.... A few months pass and boom out of nowhere I get an email from xbox saying they miss me and here is 50 dollars to redeem on xbox live. I think blizzard does crap like that. Anyways.....nope. I will take my money where it is recognized. Here's looking at playstation plus.
#133SheepinatorPosted 11/6/2013 3:30:14 PM
rockstar28 posted...
I agree with the workplace analogy. You dedicate time and effort to a workplace and if you get no recognition then guess what. Give them your walking papers.

In a workplace, you have agreed to a contract to do X for $Y, and the company is giving you $Y. If later you decide that if you don't also get $Z then you are being cheated, even though the granting of $Z was never part of your contract, well that's your greed talking.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#134DamnEvilDogPosted 11/6/2013 3:34:20 PM
_OujiDoza_ posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
Why can't people just be happy for those others who got something,

This is not a perfect world, get off of your soap box.

Your damn right this is not a perfect world, if it was then everyone would be getting KI free, but it is not.

God this topic is filling up people whining that they don't get free stuff, I mean come on, can't you see how that sounds?
#135chickabumpbumpPosted 11/6/2013 3:34:23 PM
Haha entitlement fair enough but moaning about something thats free you cannot do. No one has to send you anything for free simply because you were a customer.

Hey I worked for Xbox / Rare for two years and I didnt receive any free fighters :P
#136badreflectorPosted 11/6/2013 3:58:37 PM
Just got this email myself, which seems odd. I've been a gold member for most of the time since launch, but I don't have One preordered. At all. Anywhere.
#137DoukouPosted 11/6/2013 3:59:40 PM
badreflector posted...
Just got this email myself, which seems odd. I've been a gold member for most of the time since launch, but I don't have One preordered. At all. Anywhere.

Mind if I have your code :)
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#138chickabumpbumpPosted 11/6/2013 4:00:10 PM
badreflector posted...

I ordered my one next day, I had my 360 since launch, bought kinect day one, bought tons of arcade games, im on their expertzone website, their VIP reward website and worked for Rare for two years and I got NOTHING hahah

I have no idea on the reasons why people are getting them
#139badreflectorPosted 11/6/2013 5:03:36 PM
Doukou posted...
Mind if I have your code :)

This was attached at the bottom of the email:

Free gift code valid only for the authorized account holder of the gamertag this email is addressed to, and is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. Limit: 1 per gamertag. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Subject to Xbox Live system requirements and Terms of Use at www.xbox.com/live.

Seems there may or may not be some sort of check involved. I do intend to get the console eventually anyway, barring any major hardware issues of course.

chickabumpbump posted...
I ordered my one next day, I had my 360 since launch, bought kinect day one, bought tons of arcade games, im on their expertzone website, their VIP reward website and worked for Rare for two years and I got NOTHING hahah

I have no idea on the reasons why people are getting them

It has to be over tenure and gamerscore if not preorders. Seems like everyone who got the email has had a GS of near or over 100k and been a long time player. I'd be interested to hear from someone who's getting a free console.
#140SbladesPosted 11/6/2013 5:05:49 PM
Been a member for over 9 years. Most of that an xbox ambassador, and yet no email. Thanks Obama.
---
Using enemy prisoners to clear minefields is not allowed. However, they can be tricked into looking for buried treasure.