Ryse = ZombiU

#51SupaShig(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 8:27:57 AM
SpankyMagoo posted...
Tech9 posted...
I'm not sure how you get "boring" out of an action game, when watching any trailers that is last thing I am thinking about. You also seem to forget the actual combat, which is on par with Arkham games. I'm pretty sure those are widely regarded as fun games.

On topic, yes this game isn't changing the world - it's a launch game. Similar to 360 or PS3 launch games, most are not regarded well today. Ryse 2, may change that. Just be happy it's not a Kinect game.

To be fair I think it is the whole "I get to be Batman" thing with all the cool gadgets and villans that every body digs about the arkham games. Not the by the numbers general combat.

I wish Bayo 2 was coming to the other Next-Gen systems though, its a shame platinum is hitching their wagon to Nintendo.

Yeah spot on as to why the Batman games were so well received. Same goes to the Transformers Cybertron games. On a similar note, people who love the lore of the Roman Empire Era will love Ryse (If its solid) while people who just want to play it because its one of the few options at launch will probably play it, have a decent time with it while being wowed by graphics and forget about it completely in a few months.

Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist without Nintendo though, so I'm fine with exclusivity. They paid platinum to make the game when no other publisher would. TBH, Nintendo needs a game like that to strengthen their library until their big hitters finally come around.

A lot of the tings I see people saying about ZombiU in this topic prove my point even further. If this game isn't extremely repetitive, I will be shocked as HELL. This game is also getting mediocre or low reviews from every single source outside of IGN. I still stand by my comment that this will be in the same rating bracket as ZombiU and be remembered pretty much the same way. Some die hard defenders, some who despise it. Both present in this topic.
#52XenobowPosted 11/7/2013 9:13:50 AM
Izec posted...
SupaShig posted...
Game will probably be decent,

Nope.
#53The ChampPosted 11/7/2013 9:38:09 AM
Sadly, Ryse will outsell ZombiU strictly due to the market the console is for. I have ZombiU and it really is a good launch title. It demonstrates some really unique ideas for Wii U and is generally fun to play (especially the multiplayer). Unfortunately, the demographic for Wii U is NOT the zombie crowd so the game didn't sell all that well. Ryse is for the football loving/booger eating (thanks Colin) fans, which is right up the Xbox's alley (more the former, less the latter).

It's a button masher...it bring absolutely nothing new to the table other than pretty visuals. If Ryse were to come out next holiday season (X1's second holiday), it would sell next to nothing. The game will ONLY do "well" because of its launch status. Seriously, it's just a pretty button masher.
#54AzaneAzerPosted 11/7/2013 9:39:25 AM
Ryse is going to be a super short QTE spammed game that nobody will care about a week after release
#55Reece504Posted 11/8/2013 7:19:32 AM
Tech9 posted...
Mech_Battalion posted...
Ryse looks horrible, as did ZombiU

ZombiU wasn't that bad though, it just felt like a tech demo of features the WiiU could do.

Ryse just looks like a generic on rails QTE fest with a bunch of boring scripted events.

I'm not sure how you get "boring" out of an action game, when watching any trailers that is last thing I am thinking about. You also seem to forget the actual combat, which is on par with Arkham games. I'm pretty sure those are widely regarded as fun games.

On topic, yes this game isn't changing the world - it's a launch game. Similar to 360 or PS3 launch games, most are not regarded well today. Ryse 2, may change that. Just be happy it's not a Kinect game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIpt4FRFy10

more than a QTE fest and a lot of people that played it says it feels like batman/assassins creed which is not bad
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#56embrandedonePosted 11/8/2013 9:57:51 AM
Just remembered, ZombiU is a funny way to spell 'Lair'

Heh heh....aaaah, I'm so witty.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board