Ryse: List of Site Impressions Right Here

#31xninjagrrlPosted 11/7/2013 5:28:52 AM
This looks like a game that will be super fun to blow thru one afternoon after i score it for ten bucks from a gamefly sale next February. Maybe mess around with that arena mp mode for a bit then trade it in to AZ and get my monies back.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#32MisterEightPosted 11/7/2013 6:17:27 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Still playing it =)

Like anything, some people say a game, music,and movie are bad, but if you took everything at face value and believed what everyone said instead of your first hand impression and interaction with it, you'd never know if YOU actually liked it.

Reviews give you an idea, but shouldn't be your final judgment call if something in life is good or bad. Too many Debbie Downers lol.

Edit: Judgment

That's a nice ideal, but it's also not practical. I don't have hundreds of dollars on hand 24/7 to risk on games. Until I do, I'm going to rely on others opinions to make a reasonable estimation of whether I'll like a game before hand. If I don't, I won't buy it. This doesn't mean I dislike the game. It just never means I'm so dissuaded by others opinions I'm not going to sacrifice my resources to put myself in a position to where I can judge it myself. Games are just too expensive and time consuming to take risks like that.
#33hajile12Posted 11/7/2013 9:08:32 AM
MisterEight posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Still playing it =)

Like anything, some people say a game, music,and movie are bad, but if you took everything at face value and believed what everyone said instead of your first hand impression and interaction with it, you'd never know if YOU actually liked it.

Reviews give you an idea, but shouldn't be your final judgment call if something in life is good or bad. Too many Debbie Downers lol.

Edit: Judgment

That's a nice ideal, but it's also not practical. I don't have hundreds of dollars on hand 24/7 to risk on games. Until I do, I'm going to rely on others opinions to make a reasonable estimation of whether I'll like a game before hand. If I don't, I won't buy it. This doesn't mean I dislike the game. It just never means I'm so dissuaded by others opinions I'm not going to sacrifice my resources to put myself in a position to where I can judge it myself. Games are just too expensive and time consuming to take risks like that.

That's fair
---
Posted using GameFlux
#34PunchTheKeysPosted 11/7/2013 9:29:32 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Voelger posted...
I know some of the dudes at ign, their legitimately unbiased and good people. I love how did people post different opinions that makes them MS cronies

I offer you a challange

Go to IGN's youtube page, and take a look at the videos they have posted in the past 3 months concerning the XBO, and the PS4.

It's pretty obvious that IGN are shying away from saying anything negative about the XB, even when they do post negative news, they attempt to put a positive spin on it, whilst pointing out why it's better than the competition still. They have also refrained from reporting on important issues that would put MS in a negative light. They have also reported on the XBO being able to do things it can't multiple times. You might also want to take not of the advertisements for XBO that have suddenly been plastered all over their videos.

If you check the PS4 videos they have posted, you'll see it's the complete opposite, they have jumped on every negative aspect of it, even to the point of posting 2-3 videos on the exact same subject in the same day, some of this news has also been completely false.

I've also noticed Machinima pulling a similar thing, but not to the same extent IGN are.

It's pretty obvious to anybody with half a brain that IGN have been paid off by Microsoft to market the XBO as much as possible. You'd have to be an idiot to not be able to see this.

Mrs. Pam post, nothing to see here.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EvM56.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AYzgL.png
#35EllesarienPosted 11/7/2013 9:35:58 AM
lax_plyr posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Dude, don't be biased. Post IGN's as well. Even if you don't like them, its a legitimate impression.

Yep - and these guys pretend to be unbiased.

Funny how he won't post the positive impressions - because it's IGN.

Funny how you think IGN is obviously right and all the other sites are wrong just because IGN is the only one who talk positive about the game. Yeah totally unbiased of you.

He just said to post IGN's, he never said the other sites were wrong.

Trolls are not known for their intelligence.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.