Did you get a free Xbone from MS?

#21Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 1:51:48 PM
touyamizrahi posted...
lol, so since MS knows almost no one will buy their core product, they'll give you a free one, knowing you'll hook it up and pay for the services and buy games for it. That's just sad how desperate they are.

It does look desperate, so I wonder what the reason is for doing this kind of promotion at all. I've never seen anything like it for a new console launch.

I thought that Xbone was guaranteed to sell out, so are these extra units just sitting around?
#22DeadLock25Posted 11/6/2013 1:53:40 PM
touyamizrahi posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
Gigant0pithecus posted...
I wonder how everyone would respond if they gave every 5+ years Gold subscriber a free Xbone to make up for that awful DRM crap earlier this year.

Everyone's jaw would drop and they'd have a huge install base right out of the gate. But they probably wouldn't make much profit, of course lol.

This forum would be filled with topics like "Ms tries to buy out customers", "MS has to give away X1, otherwise nobody would buy it" "The only people who get X1 are the ones who got it for free" or "MS gives away consoles to claim larger install base for X1" because lets face it, NOTHING good can be posted here without it being turned into a negative by the idiotic trolls/fanboys.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. (note the post above mine)

Doesn't mean I'm wrong, just means I post faster than you lol

You missed the point of my post.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#23touyamizrahiPosted 11/6/2013 1:55:24 PM
Dev0311 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
lol, so since MS knows almost no one will buy their core product, they'll give you a free one, knowing you'll hook it up and pay for the services and buy games for it. That's just sad how desperate they are.

It does look desperate, so I wonder what the reason is for doing this kind of promotion at all. I've never seen anything like it for a new console launch.

I thought that Xbone was guaranteed to sell out, so are these extra units just sitting around?

One theory could be that they are units that have "issues" with them and will go out without a valid warranty hidden somewhere in the fine print. But this is only a single possible theory out of several that came to mind. I can just see this one being right up MS's alley.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#24touyamizrahiPosted 11/6/2013 2:34:23 PM(edited)
DeadLock25 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
I wonder how everyone would respond if they gave every 5+ years Gold subscriber a free Xbone to make up for that awful DRM crap earlier this year.

Everyone's jaw would drop and they'd have a huge install base right out of the gate. But they probably wouldn't make much profit, of course lol.

This forum would be filled with topics like "Ms tries to buy out customers", "MS has to give away X1, otherwise nobody would buy it" "The only people who get X1 are the ones who got it for free" or "MS gives away consoles to claim larger install base for X1" because lets face it, NOTHING good can be posted here without it being turned into a negative by the idiotic trolls/fanboys.

The point of your post was that people would come onto the boards and post as I have. Hence your edit. But still you saying that people coming here to say these things does NOT invalidate the theory that MS is trying to do as I've mentioned. I also stated above this that this is only a single theory out of several possibilities.

It would be just like me posting "Now people are going to come in here calling me a troll, sony pony, fanboy, etc". It wouldn't make them wrong, it just makes me right. I AM a Sony fan since I've owned a ton of Sony products without issues (tv, game systems, dvd players, phones), so calling me a Sony fanboy and then standing there with your XBox/MS sign just makes us both fanboys. Which I think is fine and good. It's the fanatics that are the ones without open minds and will follow a company off a cliff and support a company's bad policies like they're the stone tablets handed down by God :P.

Edit: look down three posts. Called it.
---
#25Fusion916Posted 11/6/2013 2:11:30 PM
microsoft trying to shore up their like of bone preorders lol, they have to give away their console to try to match (and fail) sony's day 1 numbers
---
PSN: Fusion916
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916
#26Joey-ZazaPosted 11/6/2013 2:12:43 PM
I'm sure people just clicked yes because somehow they thought it was funny.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#27DeadLock25Posted 11/6/2013 2:15:09 PM
touyamizrahi posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

The point of your post was that people would come onto the boards and post as I have. Hence your edit. But still you saying that people coming here to say these things does NOT invalidate the theory that MS is trying to do as I've mentioned. I also stated above this that this is only a single theory out of several possibilities.

It would be just like me posting "Now people are going to come in here calling me a troll, sony pony, fanboy, etc". It wouldn't make them wrong, it just makes me right. I AM a Sony fan since I've owned a ton of Sony products without issues (tv, game systems, dvd players, phones), so calling me a Sony fanboy and then standing there with your XBox/MS sign just makes us both fanboys. Which I think is fine and good. It's the fanatics that are the ones without open minds and will follow a company off a cliff and support a company's bad policies like they're the stone tablets handed down by God :P.

There was no theory in your post. You simply said they will give you a free one because nobody will buy it and they are desperate. Its not a theory, its an assertion. Your theory (in the form of defective units being sent out for free) came only after my second post as you clearly stated, so whatever you are trying to do to justify your trolling and your absurd and idiotic "theory", you should just stop.

My point was that NOTHING positive can be discussed here without some idiot making it out to be a negative thing because of their biased fanboy agenda and irrational spite for MS or because they just feel like trolling. Furthermore, I never called you a fanboy directly. But good to know you came here to defend your beloved console and attack a company for giving away stuff for free. I will be enjoying both next gen consoles as soon as I save up money to buy the second one. But yeah, having a gamertag makes me such an MS fanboy... Its no wonder that type of logic lead you to your "theory" of defective units being given away for free.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#28touyamizrahiPosted 11/6/2013 2:32:36 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

There was no theory in your post. You simply said they will give you a free one because nobody will buy it and they are desperate. Its not a theory, its an assertion. Your theory (in the form of defective units being sent out for free) came only after my second post as you clearly stated, so whatever you are trying to do to justify your trolling and your absurd and idiotic "theory", you should just stop.

My point was that NOTHING positive can be discussed here without some idiot making it out to be a negative thing because of their biased fanboy agenda and irrational spite for MS or because they just feel like trolling. Furthermore, I never called you a fanboy directly. But good to know you came here to defend your beloved console and attack a company for giving away stuff for free. I will be enjoying both next gen consoles as soon as I save up money to buy the second one. But yeah, having a gamertag makes me such an MS fanboy... Its no wonder that type of logic lead you to your "theory" of defective units being given away for free.

Definition of theory:
An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
(this is one of many definitions as it can branch several ways).

I assumed MS is doing this based off the limited information I have at my disposal since MS isn't revealing WHY they're doing this, and until they do, EVERYTHING is speculation until the facts come out from MS. Because I didn't say in my post "Well, my theory is..." doesn't change the FACT that EVERYTHING is theory and speculation until the FACTS come out. So this makes you the one who is trolling since you are clearly trying to provoke me with your play on words. (since the GF definition of trolling is provoking another user for the sake of argument.) So I advise you to stop trolling unless you have something to say that is worded better, since, yes I called you a fanboy, but I called myself one as well and said that being a fanboy is NOT a bad thing. Read the post PROPERLY. If you're going to be a zealot, then that's a bad thing as you will then be incapable of having a rational discussion.

As for your second paragraph, this is a DISCUSSION BOARD...NOT a PRAISE ONLY board. The point of a discussion is to have both ups and downs mentioned and talked about. Calling someone a troll because they mention the negative, makes you the troll for thinking only positive things should be allowed. If I've read the title of the board wrong (It says XBox One on my screen, not Xbox One Praise Only) then by all means, take a screen shot and get a couple of admins to verify it, and I'll happily apologize and find the correct board. But if this is NOT the praise only board as I assume, then I believe you owe the apology (which I won't get if you're actually a troll as mentioned previously).
---
#29BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/6/2013 2:33:00 PM
yes
---
Farewell Steve WarChest Ballmer. Goodbye Xbox brand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#30touyamizrahiPosted 11/6/2013 2:33:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]