Damnit, Microsoft! Don't do this to me!

#1TheDarkNerdPosted 11/6/2013 7:23:55 PM
I was thinking PS4 was the clear-cut choice (though, not an instant buy, I was never planning on buying either console at launch), but there was one feature I have just recently been reminded of that I had completely forgotten about (on the PS4 board, no less), but if implemented properly could very well make me go multi-console (or hell, may very well get me to go X1 exclusive).

Impulse Triggers.

I really haven't seen this mentioned all that often in arguments for X1-exclusive features (or at least it doesn't come through if someone mentions "better" controller as an argument), but honestly, if I had to choose between the version that looks better and the version that feels better, well that becomes a tough call. Kinect doesn't really do it for me as a control scheme, since neither has a high reaction time short of using either fast movements or loud, sharp noises. Yet people seem to push Kinect as what sets the X1 apart.

So yeah, I do hope developers make good use of those Impulse Triggers, and I hope they do become a standard feature, and even if Sony doesn't copy it this gen, I'm hoping this sort of thing becomes standard next-gen. And in a year, perhaps I'll have to look at the X1 as a system I'll actually have to buy. This certainly is the one exclusive that actually has me genuinely interested.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#2Darkpalidin12Posted 11/6/2013 7:24:44 PM
I agree. Very good design decision by Microsoft. Another win for us I suppose.
---
GT: ReturnToHangar PSN: LegendxK1LL3R
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/6/2013 7:32:06 PM
Most seem to like the impulse trigger idea. I think it's pretty superfluous, but maybe that's just me. I just can't think of many instances where a trigger/pedal would vibrate or shake on its own. Gun recoil makes the entire gun shake (which should mean the whole controller) and car movements would be in the same boat. But I guess it's not a bad thing to have in the end.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#4teehee23Posted 11/6/2013 7:39:09 PM
Impulse Triggers are a game changer and we're looking forward to the perfect controller, exclusive to Xbox #1.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#5MantisPowahPosted 11/6/2013 7:40:03 PM
In theory it sounds awesome, but if you try a game with them it feels like the controller trigger are cheap and broken like they are rattling.
#6jjordan0002Posted 11/6/2013 7:41:46 PM
MantisPowah posted...
In theory it sounds awesome, but if you try a game with them it feels like the controller trigger are cheap and broken like they are rattling.

so sayeth the troll
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#7MetroidFan9999Posted 11/6/2013 7:41:49 PM
MantisPowah posted...

This, i've used both new controllers and it is pretty evident. Think about it, you don't really hear journalists mentioning the feature much at all.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#8zmousePosted 11/6/2013 7:41:58 PM
The thumbsticks are also impulse, forgot what they called it if it was something else.
#9Alnilam81Posted 11/6/2013 7:44:31 PM
MantisPowah posted...

Having experienced them playing Forza 5 at the Eurogamer Expo, this is utter nonsense.
#10Dev0311Posted 11/6/2013 7:46:36 PM
Really? Impulse triggers are a deciding factor for you to spend $500? People honestly can't be this excited to feel vibrations on their fingertips... Yawwwwwn