Damnit, Microsoft! Don't do this to me!

#21TheDarkNerd(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 12:39:58 AM
Correct me if I'm reading this wrongly, but basically impulse triggers are......... the ability to vibrate your controller? Really? I'm pretty sure my PS2 controllers have that function <___< How is this in anyway a plus ??

Edit: Oh wait sorry, slowbro moment. You guys are trolling arent you >___>

I meant it completely seriously when I thought they were force feedback.

Though, if you think of it more as smaller zones of vibration, you might be able to see why it could be an improvement over older styles of vibration.

(and to be honest, I think it would be cool if regular controllers included force feedback, especially for shoulder triggers and analogue sticks. I actually do like the force feedback steering wheels in a number of arcade racing games give you).
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#22MmaguyPosted 11/7/2013 12:53:05 AM(edited)
An example given during the Forza preview today on IGN, was that when you play the game you can feel the right trigger ruble each time the car shifts gears as you accelerate, and when you break on the left trigger you feel that vibrating as well. Apparently you can also feel if you are driving on gravel or off road in the appropriate trigger, like if your left wheels are on the gravel but your right wheels are on the pavement, your left trigger will rumble slightly.

IGN didn't confirm the last part, but I've heard it said in some interviews. It sounds like an awesome feature.
#23Dev0311Posted 11/7/2013 3:25:12 AM
Mmaguy posted...
An example given during the Forza preview today on IGN, was that when you play the game you can feel the right trigger ruble each time the car shifts gears as you accelerate, and when you break on the left trigger you feel that vibrating as well. Apparently you can also feel if you are driving on gravel or off road in the appropriate trigger, like if your left wheels are on the gravel but your right wheels are on the pavement, your left trigger will rumble slightly.

IGN didn't confirm the last part, but I've heard it said in some interviews. It sounds like an awesome feature.

Maybe that's why the full game costs $110
#24KeoKorin9Posted 11/7/2013 9:04:35 AM
Vibrations.

..That's it? That's what the impulse triggers are? Like...is that all they are? Here I was expecting them to be something grand and new, like being the perfect comfort and click, or having parameters to prevent dust and air pockets so they don't clog or squeak.

But...vibs? That's all they are? God, that's disappointing, vibration in controllers have always been annoying, takes you right out of the game, reminding you that hey...you may be playing a realistic setting in the game, but soon as it shakes in your hands, your snapped away from your game reality and you know it's just TRYING to be realistic, and seems all the faker.

Man...can you at least shut them off like any other vibration settings? Who would even want this? To make it feel more real like a gun? Yea, install something that makes your fingers and arm rattle and numb up, then you can say it feels like you've been shooting a gun for couple of hours.
---
You ever try punching a bird?
#25Exodus_PrimePosted 11/7/2013 9:08:07 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
MantisPowah posted...
In theory it sounds awesome, but if you try a game with them it feels like the controller trigger are cheap and broken like they are rattling.

so sayeth the troll

Fair accessments are trolling and anyone saying anything negative is a sony pony

To be fair MantisPowah is known to have alt accounts such as "TurtlePowah" and another one that ends with "Powah" that I can't think of right now, even a troll sadly is allowed to their opinion, but you see why he was labeled as one, anyways carry on.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#26dabigz06Posted 11/7/2013 9:35:07 AM
So you will sacrifice graphics and resolution so they can tickle your fingers?

Hard Pass
---
When feeding trolls keep your palms open and steady or you may lose a finger
#27MrImpatient35Posted 11/7/2013 9:53:45 AM
I forgot about that too lol. There was an argument a while on ago on here between the X1 controller and DS4, saying how DS4 is worth the price way more than the X1 controller. The two biggest new things to the controllers, to me, is the impulse triggers and that touchpad thingy on the DS4. I can see the impulse triggers being more useful.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, XFitness (1-Yr free), KI3 (F2P), Proj Spark