Say I don't play games online and I don't want to pay for Xbox live...

#1lilj812Posted 11/6/2013 7:36:56 PM
Is the Xbox one still worth it? Say I'm a single player game who loves racing games and fighting games and single player action games, but I also like sitting in front of the tv and watching some Netflix, some YouTube, things of that sort.

Is the Xbox one worth it to me or should I get a ps4? Wii? I already have a laptop and this is purely for the living room.

Discuss?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#2cruelbirdPosted 11/6/2013 7:39:34 PM
Depends. If you don't play online you may as well not get a next gen machine. Get a PS3. They're good for netflix and youtube and don't charge for online.

If you plan on playing racing games by yourself the One would be a good purchase for Forza 5 + whatever 3rd party games come out.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#3squarex8264Posted 11/6/2013 7:39:47 PM
Given the way you structured your question, and given that I have already seen you on the board being overly negative and antagonizing to other users, I'm going to assume you know that an Xbox Live Gold subscription is needed in order to watch Netflix and use the other media apps.

But yeah, you should be fine playing games offline and using the TV features without issue.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4Dr WhoopassPosted 11/6/2013 7:42:35 PM
If you don't play online and don't get Live, PS4 is definitely a better choice. This is very much an online console.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#5Jx1010Posted 11/6/2013 7:51:02 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
If you don't play online and don't get Live, PS4 is definitely a better choice. This is very much an online console.

I have to agree....
I might have to do the same in the future
---
Currently playing: Persona 3 FES and Resident Evil 6
#6AzaneAzerPosted 11/6/2013 7:53:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z-PvKLHDOw

Don Mattrick says just buy a 360!
#7GambitbuzzkillPosted 11/6/2013 7:59:55 PM
lilj812 posted...
Is the Xbox one still worth it? Say I'm a single player game who loves racing games and fighting games and single player action games, but I also like sitting in front of the tv and watching some Netflix, some YouTube, things of that sort.

Is the Xbox one worth it to me or should I get a ps4? Wii? I already have a laptop and this is purely for the living room.

Discuss?

How is it that you make the same topics every day you just re word things, dude it's mind blowing how you are this dedicated.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#8VoidBeyondPosted 11/6/2013 8:01:32 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
lilj812 posted...

Discuss?

How is it that you make the same topics every day you just re word things, dude it's mind blowing how you are this dedicated.

He must have the most fulfilling home life, to literally spend every day on this board for the sole intent to troll.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#9GambitbuzzkillPosted 11/6/2013 8:21:02 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
lilj812 posted...

Discuss?

He must have the most fulfilling home life, to literally spend every day on this board for the sole intent to troll.

Dude it's insane he makes the same 3 topics over and over again I don't how anyone cause keep at it like he does.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#10teeebzPosted 11/6/2013 8:26:53 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Given the way you structured your question, and given that I have already seen you on the board being overly negative and antagonizing to other users, I'm going to assume you know that an Xbox Live Gold subscription is needed in order to watch Netflix and use the other media apps.

But yeah, you should be fine playing games offline and using the TV features without issue.

He really is dedicated though. If only it went towards something constructive in life.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe