How do people choose their console

#1FeatherwindPosted 11/7/2013 4:02:26 AM
Do people choose their console "rationally"? - Results (96 votes)
Yes
56.25% (54 votes)
No
43.75% (42 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you think people base their gaming console choices on "rational" reasons like hardware, software, company policies, game selection and such or "irrational", personal and mysterious reasons? Would tangible things like an increase in price, technical issues etc affect the popularity of the console and the manufacturer?

Accusations of fanboyism are very common and it does imply that the person is a fan for a personal or irrational reason rather an "objective" one. While I don't see why the distinction between fanboys and not-fanboys is even that important for many it seems to be a very important issue (many posts on this board start with "I'm not a fanboy, but...")
---
pathological
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 11/7/2013 4:31:38 AM
This board is a clear indication people don't make rational decisions using critical thinking
---
I don't conform to social convention
#3Impaired MedicPosted 11/7/2013 4:34:32 AM
I chose my console because I had four separate 360s die on me when the worst thing prior to that was having to adjust a gear in my PS2 to get it to read DVDs again.
---
#xboxdone
#4Featherwind(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 4:50:32 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
This board is a clear indication people don't make rational decisions using critical thinking

What makes you think that?
---
pathological
#5Jeh64Posted 11/7/2013 4:53:54 AM
Most kids don't imo, fanboys have gotten out of control.
#6JohnHalo343Posted 11/7/2013 5:49:12 AM
Well, I like to choose my console carefully. First, I inspect it to see if it was developed by a good, wholesome, hardworking American company such as Microsoft. If the answer is yes, I purchase said console on the spot without hesitation or second thought. If the answer is no, then I pass it up and look for a console developed by a good, wholesome, hardworking American company such as Microsoft.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#7knightimexPosted 11/7/2013 7:25:31 AM
I judge to see (predict) in what I believe will be the lead console for development.

Then I go down the line in selecting a secondary console for my entertainment.

A 3rd console is always a viable option, one that I'll decide on at a much later time.

(lol, I've been playing darksiders II PC.)
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 11/7/2013 7:28:17 AM
I flip a coin.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#9SlikkSterrPosted 11/7/2013 8:34:51 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...

I can't tell what yous are trying to say. At first glance it would appear you were taking about the xbox. However, if we're using this board, it seems like the majority of poster are not supporting that system...

There is no wrong answer or console. I don't know why other people care what other people buy.
#10regsantotomasPosted 11/7/2013 8:37:50 AM
I choose based on a solution that will work for me.

It's none of my business how others come to their decision on how to spend their money.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego