At least the Xbox is trying to innovate, though, right?

#1LogariusPosted 11/7/2013 8:54:38 AM
Obviously, there have been many (MANY) hiccups and missteps in the past months between the Xone reveal leading up to the release. A lot of things that weren't said as intended, a lot of messages and intents that weren't exactly clear... There were ways in which Microsoft could have and should have done things differently. Most logical people can agree with that.

But at least they're trying to do something NEW. At least they're trying to innovate the way we see our console, and interact with it. At least they're trying to move industry forward (not just the game industry, but the interaction with other entertainment industries as well).

No matter what you think about the Kinect, the software is the problem. The hardware has incredible potential. Family Share could have been big, it coulda been somebody, coulda been a contenda!

There have been aspects of Xbox's campaign that I really respect. All I hear about the PS4 is "It's better hardware! It's better hardware!" and you know what? I don't care. I'm not impressed by a PS 3.5. We'll never get anywhere new by doing the same thing we were before but harder and faster.

Kanye told me "Go 'head switch your style up, and if they hate then let 'em hate, an' watch the money pile up." I'm glad Xbox is following that advice. All geniuses were considered mad-men at a time. And I'm not saying Microsoft or the Xone team are geniuses, but I'm saying they're the only ones who time will tell.
---
There is one key difference between truth and fiction...
Fiction has to make sense.
#2cruelbirdPosted 11/7/2013 8:56:16 AM
Well I guess I sort of agree with you. I do think the One will be a success for the reasons you listed. And I like the software lineup so far.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#3MrSpaM111Posted 11/7/2013 8:57:29 AM
Referencing Kanye West instantly makes your topic null and void
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#4FeatherwindPosted 11/7/2013 9:02:39 AM
Yeah I thought Family Sharing was cool too. Features that let people try out games before buying them would really be needed atm. They cancelled it though.

Also what first got me interested about the Xbox One was the Kinect 2.0. But at the E3 they mostly focused on multiplats and generic exclusives. Right now their main games seem to be the likes of Ryse, Forza and Titanfall. Not Kinect games.

Wii was worth it for me this gen. It had novelty and some well thought out and fun games. Xbox One could have had that novelty too (Kinect sounds even stanger than motion controls) but with the cancellation of Family Sharing and the focus on generic games that could just as well be played on a more technically capable platform it is not nearly as interesting as it could be.
---
pathological
#5WaywardBiscuitPosted 11/7/2013 9:04:03 AM
There is a difference between smart and forced innovation. Xbox is on the wrond side
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#6Shinobi120Posted 11/7/2013 9:07:03 AM(edited)
Kinect's already been done before on Xbox 360, & as for TV features? They don't have to shell out $500 w/tax along with a $60 Xbox Live Gold subscription just to access all of these TV features that Microsoft's trying to promote; there are plenty of media devices that are cheaper and that do it subscription-free.
#7Gamer4e4Posted 11/7/2013 9:06:25 AM
Innovate? No..

Although they do limitate, aggravate and alienate their long time customers.
#8EllesarienPosted 11/7/2013 9:11:03 AM(edited)
MrSpaM111 posted...
Referencing Kanye West instantly makes your topic null and void

Kind of like how everyone views YOUR posts.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9Dev0311Posted 11/7/2013 9:10:44 AM
Let's see... Kinect is hardly featured in this prelaunch period, so they failed with marketing that. Ryse is being revealed to be a shallow button masher. DR3 is wallowing at last gen performance levels. Forza 5 costs $110 for the complete package which is ridiculous.

There's just nothing really innovative about the Xbone right now. Sure, maybe the potential is there, but current execution is terrible. How can anyone truly be excited for it?
#10Reflex-ArcPosted 11/7/2013 9:12:27 AM
I was pretty anti-xbox one before I really understood what it was they were trying to accomplish with the product. Now, though, I'm pretty excited to have one in my home. I like the idea of Kinect, I like the multimedia features, I'm very excited for the additional immersion added by the impulse triggers, and the launch lineup looks great. It's really the entire package that did it for me. It's different, and I like that.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard