Any chance of getting a console even though I missed out on preorders?

#1cahsmoPosted 11/7/2013 10:42:49 AM
Seems like I'm SOL, but I came to this board with an optimistic idea someone could give me a glimmer of hope. Any way I could get a console before the new year?
---
have you ever wondered why midgets laugh when they run, well its because the grass tickles their nuts.
#2TreGoodaPosted 11/7/2013 10:43:48 AM
I read something a month back that Microsoft was holding back a million units for a second shipment before Christmas. Can't remember where I read that so best I can say is maybe.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#3sworderPosted 11/7/2013 10:45:17 AM
It's possible but you'll have to wait til December most likely and ask them (whatever retailer you go to) to contact you whenever they get more consoles
#4tigg06Posted 11/7/2013 10:46:05 AM
could always buy one at stupid prices on ebay and amazon. Thats where a lot of the pre orders go, so ppl can double/triple the price for those who couldnt get one due to the scalpers
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#5cahsmo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 10:48:40 AM
Thanks for all the input guys, I'll look into seeing if local stores will get restocks. As far as eBay I'd never do that. I'd easily wait over paying way above retail value
---
have you ever wondered why midgets laugh when they run, well its because the grass tickles their nuts.
#6TreGoodaPosted 11/7/2013 10:54:10 AM
tigg06 posted...
could always buy one at stupid prices on ebay and amazon. Thats where a lot of the pre orders go, so ppl can double/triple the price for those who couldnt get one due to them not thinking ahead and preordering

FTFY
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#7GambitbuzzkillPosted 11/7/2013 10:58:25 AM
Why don't you try Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart I'm sure they will have systems for walk ins.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#8Dev0311Posted 11/7/2013 11:04:27 AM
They're already giving some away for free. Check ebay if you get desperate.
#9TrickyPonyPosted 11/7/2013 11:10:14 AM
You're not SOL TC you'll be fine. You probably won't get a Day One edition X1 but there will be consoles on store shelves if you look. I preorder from a Gamestop which is located directly across the street from another Gamestop (I always wondered how they stayed in business). Long story short my GS closed down and all business moved across the street to the new one. I asked to make sure my preorder was still okay and they said definitely, they will have enough stock to fulfill all preorders and have store stock at launch for both the X1 and the PS4.

Maybe this is just my location? Maybe this is a special circumstance due to one store closing and moving stock over to the other? Maybe it's just a GS employee pulling things out of his rear?
#10seankimberley42Posted 11/7/2013 11:14:18 AM
If you're not in the US you can find out where the launch party is and pick one up there. I was less then five minutes away from the 360 Canadian launch party, which was pretty cool. I think the American one is invite only.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice