Google's New Comment System Removes All Trolling Comments on Xbox One Videos

#111Evel138Posted 11/8/2013 2:26:11 AM(edited)
I agree that most people have a very skewed concept of "freedom of speech" or freedom in general.

Everyone wants to exercise their right, but very few feel the need to adhere to the responsibility that those right demand. Its due to an egregious sense of entitlement that people (in general) have little sense of what responsibility is tbqh.

You want to share a dissenting opinion....that's fine, but you have the RESPONSIBILITY to civil discourse. So when the mods (of any particular private forum) start slashing everything that resembles negativity, don't blame them....blame the legion of a****** trolls that ruined any chance for civil discourse.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#112scoobydoobydontPosted 11/8/2013 2:05:39 AM
zmouse posted...

^Exhibit A, If we truly had freedom of speech and expression then we would be able to swear/troll/spam/ use racial slurs on a message board right?

Evel138 posted...
I agree that most people have a very skewed concept of "freedom of speech" or freedom in general.

Everyone wants to exercise their right, but very few feel the need to adhere to the responsibility that those right demand. Its due to an egregious sense of entitlement that people (in general) have little sense of what responsibility is tbqh.

You want to share a resenting opinion....that's fine, but you have the RESPONSIBILITY to civil discourse. So when the mods (of any particular private forum) start slashing everything that resembles negativity, don't blame them....blame the legion of a****** trolls that ruined any chance for civil discourse.

http://i.imgur.com/9QIFgfK.gif
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#113deadmarvPosted 11/8/2013 3:29:16 AM
Very interesting, seeing who agrees with youtube's censorship and who disagrees with it.
#114Evel138Posted 11/8/2013 3:52:50 AM
"censorship".......wait right there while I fetch the worlds tiniest violin.

I'd be willing to call it a safe bet that many of those lamenting "freedom of speech" and throwing around such emotionally charged terms as "censorship" have never considered the responsibility I mentioned earlier.

To them, their rights and freedom require nothing of themselves....no, no, it's simply their birthright. Something to which they're entitled.

I'm sorry, but that responsibility (of freedom) demands adherence to social conventions. Behaviors that a culture, a society, a community has deemed acceptable. In short: following the rules.

Freedom isn't taking a s*** on your neighbors lawn. If you (not any one in particular, but in general) feel the need to be a filthy animal, then by all means feel free to bury yourself deep in the woods, far from society, and s*** on yourself all day long if that's what floats your boat.
---
#115TheBonfiniPosted 11/8/2013 5:01:43 AM
Censorship is a commodity for sale on the internet. Google charges MS for their censorship services.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#116Skynet82997Posted 11/8/2013 5:03:44 AM
Evel138 posted...

I'd be willing to call it a safe bet that many of those lamenting "freedom of speech" and throwing around such emotionally charged terms as "censorship" have never considered the responsibility I mentioned earlier.

To them, their rights and freedom require nothing of themselves....no, no, it's simply their birthright. Something to which they're entitled.

I'm sorry, but that responsibility (of freedom) demands adherence to social conventions. Behaviors that a culture, a society, a community has deemed acceptable. In short: following the rules.

Freedom isn't taking a s*** on your neighbors lawn. If you (not any one in particular, but in general) feel the need to be a filthy animal, then by all means feel free to bury yourself deep in the woods, far from society, and s*** on yourself all day long if that's what floats your boat.

Well said - and not a single one of these pathetic, entitled kiddies understands this.

It's simple - your rights END, when they begin to infringe on someone else's rights......
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#117deadmarvPosted 11/8/2013 11:03:38 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Evel138 posted...

Well said - and not a single one of these pathetic, entitled kiddies understands this.

It's simple - your rights END, when they begin to infringe on someone else's rights......

So criticising a console is infringing on someone else's rights?

And who's the pathetic, entitled kiddie now?
#118NewMoonShadowPosted 11/8/2013 2:41:44 PM
deadmarv posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
Evel138 posted...

So criticising a console is infringing on someone else's rights?

And who's the pathetic, entitled kiddie now?

^ This. Yes, freedom ends where it infringes on other peoples' rights... the problem is other people think it's their right to determine what is right and wrong for everybody.

"Oh we can't have Gay marriage because it infringes on my right to religion."

Bulls***.

"Oh we can't have Christmas decorations in schools because it infringes on non-Christians' right to religion."

Bulls***.

"Oh we can't have people talking poorly about the X-Box One because it infringes on my right to like it."

Bulls***.
#119Evel138Posted 11/8/2013 3:07:30 PM
As if "talking poorly" is all that's going on concerning the XB1 and the cess pool that is the internet.

Again, civil discourse is one thing, but what's been taking place over the last six months is something entirely different....and I'm sorry, your "rights" when it comes to your participation on a privately held, commercial website begins and ends with the terms of service you signed. Google/YouTube has every right to clean up the horse **** in the wake of the animals that therein dwell.
---
#120NewMoonShadowPosted 11/8/2013 6:02:13 PM
Evel138 posted...
As if "talking poorly" is all that's going on concerning the XB1 and the cess pool that is the internet.

Again, civil discourse is one thing, but what's been taking place over the last six months is something entirely different....and I'm sorry, your "rights" when it comes to your participation on a privately held, commercial website begins and ends with the terms of service you signed. Google/YouTube has every right to clean up the horse **** in the wake of the animals that therein dwell.

I've admitted they have the legal right to decide what is and isn't allowed on their privately owned websites.

That doesn't mean everybody has to simply accept it and "deal with it". Just like the words of a troll have repercussions for them the actions of a corporation have repercussions for them as well. They're not immune to criticism for the things they do any more than genuine individual Trolls are immune to criticism for the crap they do.