Xbox One (Resolutiongate) will die down after launch?

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 11/7/2013 4:25:40 PM(edited)
At least Microsofts Phil Spencer thinks so.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/06/microsofts-phil-spencer-feels-resolutiongate-will-blow-over-once-xbox-one-is-released/

“You look at high-end PC games right now. If you were just looking at screen resolution and framerate, you’d be a PC gamer. Because you can spend $800 on a video card and put it in. I’ve built those rigs. I can play those games. And I understand that. But that doesn’t mean the best games are there. It doesn’t mean it’s the best all-in-one experience.”

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2DionysusPosted 11/7/2013 4:25:19 PM(edited)
It will die down when/if it is clear that it is the norm. But that will probably take more than a year.

And PC is the best all-in-one experience without question.
#3khardboredPosted 11/7/2013 4:26:31 PM
I don't see a PC being the best AIO, at all. The Xone really does fit the AIO mold, especially where convenience is concerned.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#4Dr WhoopassPosted 11/7/2013 4:29:44 PM
Oh hell no. It will be fanboy fodder for years to come if the X1 version is always inferior to the PS4 version
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#5DionysusPosted 11/7/2013 4:31:49 PM
khardbored posted...
I don't see a PC being the best AIO, at all. The Xone really does fit the AIO mold, especially where convenience is concerned.
MS is basically trying to port some of the PC experience into the living room. Some of us already have the whole experience in the living room.
#6SoulTrapperPosted 11/7/2013 4:37:39 PM
So he's trying to make the lesser resolutions seem like no big deal instead of hyping the supposed power boost the eSRAM has gotten?

This seems to indicate that the resolutions differences will remain a thing for at least the near future.
#7MetroidFan9999Posted 11/7/2013 4:40:04 PM
Get ready for DF comparisons for every single game, at least for a few years.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#8ManInGorillaSutPosted 11/7/2013 5:05:28 PM
For BF4 and COD:G? It will die down soon. But it will pop up again every time it happens to another big multiplat game.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#9LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/7/2013 5:19:01 PM
Looks like he ran out of secret sauce.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#10Ramsus082Posted 11/7/2013 5:36:12 PM
“You look at high-end PC games right now. If you were just looking at screen resolution and framerate, you’d be a PC gamer. Because you can spend $800 on a video card and put it in. I’ve built those rigs. I can play those games. And I understand that. But that doesn’t mean the best games are there. It doesn’t mean it’s the best all-in-one experience.”

No, Phil. Bringing PC into the equation isn't relevant. Some people want to pay less and play their games on consoles for various reasons; Saying that graphical fidelity should only be relevant to PC gamers who want the absolute best of it is a bull **** argument. What about gamers who want the best performance for the price, and are committed to console gaming? They can't care about graphical fidelity without being a hypocrite for not buying a gaming PC? That's ridiculous

This argument should be dead by now.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"