There is no reason Xbox One shouldn't be able to handle CoD Ghost 1080p/60fps.

#21SolisPosted 11/8/2013 12:28:55 AM
Since when does texture resolution have a substantial impact on performance? There are a hell of a lot of other elements which are far more stressing from a performance standpoint.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#22True_FoeHammerPosted 11/8/2013 12:35:04 AM
triple s posted...
Not to mention, the PC "requirements" are absolutely ridiculous.

Those 'requirements' are more like guidelines... Or flat out lies.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PQrFvVmOJK8

It's kind of funny at how pathetically this series is dying.
#23meokinPosted 11/8/2013 12:41:52 AM
Agreed TC and there is also no reason for this:

A key pillar of the Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay. On Xbox 360, Ghosts maintains this mandate. The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects. One specific moment I was able to replicate multiple times on PS4 was a campaign scene that ran smoothly on Xbox 360 and PS3, while the game chugged On PlayStation 4. These frame rate hitches happen throughout the campaign on PS4 and, in a series known for its Hollywood-inspired bombast, it detracted from the experience.

lolololololololol poor ponies
#24Dev0311Posted 11/8/2013 12:45:38 AM
At least CoD is 60fps, unlike Dead Rising 3
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#25Spetsnaz420Posted 11/8/2013 12:49:45 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
I'm pretty sure Rubin made the same comments; If they had more time they probably could have done it. That's probably true of a lot of optimizations though, naturally the more time you have to focus on something the better the results will be.

Anyway, it's not like the shell of IW is the greatest development team or anything. But Digital Foundry made an interesting observation that their resources are vast, definitely much more so than almost any 3rd party studio. It could be a sign that we're in for more games with shoddy optimizations, or it could be a sign that IW just didn't care enough about typical game development standards, since CoD is a cash cow and it'll sell regardless. There's merit to both arguments, and it's probably a little of both in my opinion.

Duke Nukem says I've got balls of steal
---
I don't conform to social convention
#26Millertime660Posted 11/8/2013 1:03:42 AM
Dev0311 posted...
At least CoD is 60fps, unlike Dead Rising 3

ooooh burn! maybe you should check out the ps4 forum if you have no interest in the xbox.....
#27vishmarxPosted 11/8/2013 1:43:33 AM
Cod games are exceptionally bad. Devs put no effort in anything.
performancewise even the ps4 version is a mess
---
psn =vishmarx;xbl=vishmarx
#28mrpicPosted 11/8/2013 1:45:03 AM
its not 1080p because the developers made it that way as it is currently more optimised for gameplay

Simple stuff really

try explaining that to the praystation fanbys though and you may aswell be trying to get intouch with sony customer support lol
#29vishmarxPosted 11/8/2013 2:33:45 AM
mrpic posted...
its not 1080p because the developers made it that way as it is currently more optimised for gameplay

Simple stuff really

try explaining that to the praystation fanbys though and you may aswell be trying to get intouch with sony customer support lol

Agreed.Xb1 version has far more stable frames than ps4.
in games like these,thats far more important than the crappy visuals that cod will have even if it were 4k
---
psn =vishmarx;xbl=vishmarx
#30triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:47:03 AM
Solis posted...
Since when does texture resolution have a substantial impact on performance? There are a hell of a lot of other elements which are far more stressing from a performance standpoint.

Believe me, there's nothing going on in the game where it would seem like making it 1080p/60fps would be a problem for the Xbox One.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22