Dead Rising 3 preview from Joystiq

#1Ramsus082Posted 11/7/2013 6:15:12 PM
Not sure if the joystiq review has been posted yet. I'll close it if it has.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/06/dead-rising-3-and-the-stuttering-car-conundrum/

They like it, but they say the frame rate sucks, and they're worried. My words, not theirs.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#2Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 6:16:44 PM
" I should stress that, for the most part, I had no problem with Dead Rising 3's visual presentation at all. Explosives are loud and bright, a suffocating number of zombies appear on-screen at once and Los Perdidos streams a massive amount of content without ever subjecting players to a loading screen. Capcom Vancouver has achieved quite the triumph."
---
#3xHughJasxPosted 11/7/2013 8:53:04 PM
Every other preview I've read says the exact opposite. But k.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#4Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 2:21:10 PM(edited)
They might have been playing controlled versions with a lot of restrictions. Joystick mentions that they were able to play large sections of the game and use most of the vehicles. The only one with a playable frame rate was the steamroller. The previewer even mentions the possibility of having to forgo using anything else if it releases in this state. Not sure how complete this version is, it could be old but it's pretty hands on.
---
#5Hvv0l24n9Posted 11/8/2013 2:27:28 PM
Looked at the topic creator and knew there was something negative being showcased in the OP.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#6DoukouPosted 11/8/2013 2:30:04 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
They might have been playing controlled versions with a lot of restrictions. Joystick mentions that they were able to play large sections of the game and use most of the vehicles. The only one with a playable frame rate was the steamroller. The previewer even mentions the possibility of having to forgo using anything else if it releases in this state. Not sure how complete this version is, it could be old but it's pretty hands on.

That's not what the preview said at all.
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#7Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:43:08 PM
Doukou posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

"Sticking with slower vehicles or going everywhere on foot is a way around the chug, but I have to wonder if my slower speeds will cause me to fail during time-sensitive missions and tasks.'

That's my interpretation of it. He's observing that one way to avoid the nagging frame rate issues is to skip the fast vehicles, though it might cause him to fail some missions. You have your own interpretation I guess.
---
#8DoukouPosted 11/8/2013 5:46:39 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Doukou posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

"Sticking with slower vehicles or going everywhere on foot is a way around the chug, but I have to wonder if my slower speeds will cause me to fail during time-sensitive missions and tasks.'

That's my interpretation of it. He's observing that one way to avoid the nagging frame rate issues is to skip the fast vehicles, though it might cause him to fail some missions. You have your own interpretation I guess.

I don't see how you get that and go to Steam Roller being the only thing you can use
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/8/2013 5:58:47 PM
Doukou posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Doukou posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

I don't see how you get that and go to Steam Roller being the only thing you can use

It's Ramsus...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 6:15:00 PM
Doukou posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Doukou posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Of course you can use more vehicles than the steam roller, he demonstrates that in his preview of the demo. He mentions motorbikes, custom cars, sports vehicles, etc. HIs issue is that all of them leave the frame rate a mess, and he wanted to stick with the slower vehicles so he doesn't have to endure the choppiness, and ponders whether he'll fail some missions by forgoing the faster vehicles.
---