Is 1080P/60FPS something to expect later?

#11teehee23Posted 11/7/2013 10:06:26 PM
TheBroodsRaxon posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
Forza is a launch title.....@ 1080p 60fps

^^ This.

I find it quite amusing when Sony Fanboys criticize a title for being 720p / 30 FPS....when it's exactly 720p and 30 FPS more than what they are getting to begin with....

LOL

You two clearly didn't read my original post. You know... the part where I point out that the 1080p/60fps launch titles are the exception rather than the rule?

You really want to play this game? Really? You really want me to come back with the laundry list of XB1 games that WON'T be running natively at 1080p/60fps? Go home, fanboys. You're drunk, and you're the reason why next gen consoles cut corners like this.

Shut up.
If Forza can be 1080p and 60 fps then many, if not most, future games will be too.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#12HalecticPosted 11/7/2013 10:09:29 PM
teehee23 posted...
TheBroodsRaxon posted...
EastCoastKody posted...

^^ This.

I find it quite amusing when Sony Fanboys criticize a title for being 720p / 30 FPS....when it's exactly 720p and 30 FPS more than what they are getting to begin with....

LOL

You two clearly didn't read my original post. You know... the part where I point out that the 1080p/60fps launch titles are the exception rather than the rule?

You really want to play this game? Really? You really want me to come back with the laundry list of XB1 games that WON'T be running natively at 1080p/60fps? Go home, fanboys. You're drunk, and you're the reason why next gen consoles cut corners like this.

Shut up.
If Forza can be 1080p and 60 fps then many, if not most, future games will be too.

Forza also ships incomplete, you will be required to download the rest of it
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#13TheBroodsRaxon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 10:34:21 PM
teehee23 posted...
TheBroodsRaxon posted...
EastCoastKody posted...

^^ This.

LOL

Shut up.

I wish this were a face to face conversation so i could see you keep a straight face when you made that statement. I truy hope youre right, but seeing how large scale games like Battlefield and CoD are scaled down for Xbox, Im less inclined to accept your speculation without a source suggesting we will see 1080 become the norm in the future
---
"We, Jaina, are the New Jedi Order... and this is OUR war." -Kyp Durron
#14TheBroodsRaxon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 10:42:49 PM
Anyway, trying to get back on topic without cheerleaders taking defensive posture, is there anything from developers explaining why most launch titles are sub 1080 or that would suggest that they will be pushing 1080 in the future? We can speculate all day long but i really want something that will tell me what to expect for this system long term
---
"We, Jaina, are the New Jedi Order... and this is OUR war." -Kyp Durron
#15mike468Posted 11/7/2013 10:46:04 PM
TheBroodsRaxon posted...
EastCoastKody posted...

^^ This.

LOL

Obvious troll topic.

You know what I find funny is the fact Forza can do 1080p 60fps in both single player campaign and online MP, while Killzone can't.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#16Millertime660Posted 11/7/2013 10:50:04 PM
TheBroodsRaxon posted...
EastCoastKody posted...

^^ This.

LOL

not all PS4 games are 1080p 60fps either. Did you ask this question on the PS4 boards?
#17Millertime660Posted 11/7/2013 10:53:10 PM
TheBroodsRaxon posted...
Anyway, trying to get back on topic without cheerleaders taking defensive posture, is there anything from developers explaining why most launch titles are sub 1080 or that would suggest that they will be pushing 1080 in the future? We can speculate all day long but i really want something that will tell me what to expect for this system long term

One of the guys from IW explained that it was optimization. Which is obvious, Id say the PS4 is just easier to optimize to those settings.... by no means does that make the Xbox one incapable at achieving it. ie: Forza
#18SilentS89Posted 11/7/2013 10:53:15 PM
Sony is actively pushing for this.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_actively_pushing_for_60fps_1080p_with_ps4.html

What is Microsoft doing? Anything?

I believe Xbone devs simply have no expectation to reach these standards from either Microsoft or their publishers.
#19True_FoeHammerPosted 11/7/2013 11:07:51 PM
Millertime660 posted...
TheBroodsRaxon posted...

One of the guys from IW explained that it was optimization. Which is obvious, Id say the PS4 is just easier to optimize to those settings.... by no means does that make the Xbox one incapable at achieving it. ie: Forza

Are you really saying that a pseudo-second party developer like Infinity Ward chose to optimize for the PS4 version over the X1?
#20THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 11/7/2013 11:12:20 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Sony is actively pushing for this.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_actively_pushing_for_60fps_1080p_with_ps4.html

What is Microsoft doing? Anything?

I believe Xbone devs simply have no expectation to reach these standards from either Microsoft or their publishers.

It's so commonplace to have PS4 games in 1080p that it's barely worth talking about. Like talking about why the sky is blue.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT