Ryse developers abandoned Kinect functionality, blames the gamers.

#1TheGam3925Posted 11/8/2013 1:52:26 AM
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ryse-designer-xbox-one-kinect-s-problem-isn-t-the-tech-it-s-you-1197422

Seems like they just gave up on Kinect.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#2thefabregas22Posted 11/8/2013 1:53:57 AM
Real classy blame the gamers :/

that's like cancelling a megaman game and blaming the fans for lack of support... oh wait :(
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3anonymous46773Posted 11/8/2013 1:56:26 AM
And the game will be better for it.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4DeadLock25Posted 11/8/2013 2:01:17 AM
Your title is misleading.

They are not blaming the gamers, they are saying that integrating Kinect in a non Kinect centralized game requires that the developers teach people how to use it, because each person performs actions differently. There is no blame being put on anyone, it simply saying that its a design obstacle that must be overcome. As stated in the article:

"But you put 25 people into a room and you tell them to row a boat, everyone rows the boat in a different way.
"The problem is humans. And so what you end up doing is trying to teach people how to row a boat rather than play the game."
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#5MrSpaM111Posted 11/8/2013 2:03:16 AM
Ryse started out as a Kinect only game for the XB360, FACT!
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#6GuitaristMattPosted 11/8/2013 2:09:28 AM
I don't get it. Skyward Sword did it fine.
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#7TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 2:14:41 AM(edited)
GuitaristMatt posted...
I don't get it. Skyward Sword did it fine.

I guess Crytek lacks the capacity to include a Kinect tutorial. Sounds like a cop out to me, they realized Kinect was a mistake and are now coming up with excuses.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#8GuitaristMattPosted 11/8/2013 2:16:12 AM
A simple dynamic battle dummy would've worked. I think that if they had a kinect only version of Ryse that continued to look as good as it does now, that'd be a day one purchase, and a major step forward for Kinect.
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#91nternationa7Posted 11/8/2013 2:19:09 AM
DeadLock25 posted...

They are not blaming the gamers, they are saying that integrating Kinect in a non Kinect centralized game requires that the developers teach people how to use it, because each person performs actions differently. There is no blame being put on anyone, it simply saying that its a design obstacle that must be overcome. As stated in the article:

"But you put 25 people into a room and you tell them to row a boat, everyone rows the boat in a different way.
"The problem is humans. And so what you end up doing is trying to teach people how to row a boat rather than play the game."

Which is why Kinect is a dead end. Although I believe that Ryze is just a pretty setpiece with no depth whatsoever, I can see the wisdom in their words. Kinect will NEVER EVER be a good gaming controller due to the human factor. It is simply unintuitive and out of touch with natural human movements.
---
Pokemon Y Safari Code: 5172-1018-8947
Dragon Safari (Goodra, Salamence, Haxorus Line) Send me a PM!
#10TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 3:13:06 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

Which is why Kinect is a dead end. Although I believe that Ryze is just a pretty setpiece with no depth whatsoever, I can see the wisdom in their words. Kinect will NEVER EVER be a good gaming controller due to the human factor. It is simply unintuitive and out of touch with natural human movements.

I think their excuse is just dumb. "The problem with Kinect is that human beings are using Kinect."

Lol.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925