If you missed this: "PROOF-Microsoft PAYS Gamestop to say Xbox One is better"

#121Crazy_berzerkerPosted 11/8/2013 12:01:39 PM
Is everyone surprised by this? Microsoft has been doing stuff like this for years. Movies, commercials, websites, etc. They thrive on the appearance that they have competing products with other companies. That's what they do. They pay other companies to advertise for them. They move money instead of competitive products. That's what they've become.

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. They know their products are lower quality and they'd rather pay to look good rather than actually be good.

Of course a company as money hungry as Gamestop would jump on this bandwagon.
#122Randysteele1992Posted 11/8/2013 12:05:47 PM
Usually I'm a bet more skeptical about the authenticity of videos like these but I wouldn't doubt this was real. Gamestop are pieces of crap. If they weren't the only game store near anywhere I live I wouldn't patronize their asses. I hate their business practice, screwing over the consumer.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0834-0955-2493. Name Randy.
#123jakethenoobPosted 11/8/2013 12:11:45 PM
Lol @ people thinking this video means anything.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#124mfv12979Posted 11/8/2013 12:19:11 PM
It's all about marketing. If this is true i don't think ms need to resort to this type of tactic. People will still buy X1 same goes to ps4.
#125Rolling_StonedPosted 11/8/2013 12:21:08 PM
Gamestop employees do not receive commissions. Totally shows how fake it is right there. Not even DMs receive commissions.
---
PSN: Soapy_Stowned
Apologists are the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry.
#126SikkaSillPosted 11/8/2013 12:29:08 PM
jakethenoob posted...
Lol @ people thinking this video means anything.

---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#127Jerk_BeefyPosted 11/8/2013 12:29:31 PM
I'm not one to try and take sides on stupid stuff like this, but this video proves absolutely nothing.

At this point, I'm not even surprised that people are so willing to accept this.
#128Dillz007Posted 11/8/2013 12:37:54 PM
People who believe Microsoft pay gamestop are retarded just how stupid that sounds who does that? really everything she said was true i will be getting both consoles anyway and why are there so many ps fanboy trolls on the xbone message board this is ridiculous i go to ps4 board u don't see even half of the xbone fanboys trolling and this coming from a person who will be getting both systems.
#129jaoman9Posted 11/8/2013 12:39:16 PM
its fake and you know it
#130LonethernetPosted 11/8/2013 12:40:52 PM
PrinceMedion posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nw5WkS2ZI0

"VIDEO PROOF! Microsoft PAYS Gamestop to say Xbox One is better than PS4."

Listen to this shilled employee Lol. Sounds young, new recruit- because she caves and says stuff like "I'm not supposed to be telling you this but..." "Between you and I, yes I get a commission. I do get paid".
She gives some awful on the fly reasons as well for why xbone is so much better. The pressure of the moment was getting to her! Not used to smart customers asking hard questions I guess.
Remember the famous Angry Joe interview with major Nelson and DRM?

Also, lol at "PS4 is a decent game..."

Bet she got fired by the manager after this vid went up!

That is so staged its not even funny =_='' you can hear the guy whose 'calling' gamestop about to laugh like every 5 seconds :\ Also the person who picked up the phone didn't do a gamestop 'greeting' which is required of any associate.

I work at GS, look at when that video was posted... it was in June, at that time we were doing very very very limited reserves on the system due to the whole DRM fiasco, our in store television program wasn't even MENTIONING xbox one one it until after they removed the DRM BS.

No one is being paid by Microsoft to promote the xbox one, and we don't get commission (I wish).

You are way to gullible.

This :P The video's clearly fake, the chick he called didn't do the "Thank you for calling Gamestop, where you can now trade ____ towards the value of ____ or any _____, my name is _____ how may I help you?" line they always start with. I have 3 GS in my area and they all do that when called so I'm pretty sure it's mandatory. Also she was wrong about everything she said, apparently you can stream games and TV directly to XB1 from spaaaaace without having to connect it to your cable box or internet... Or anything... And that the PS4 would have absolutely no games at launch, it's just a brick. And Wii-U is doing better than PS4...? Also MS can't afford to give every GS member who pushes it's product a commission...
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet