The Kinect is actually a brilliant innovation.

#1Jedi454Posted 11/8/2013 3:55:42 AM
Just watched the kinect integrated with the dashboard, you'd honestly have to be in denial with yourself to say that having a kinect recognise you just from being the same room is bad, signing in without having to do anything, scanning codes in seconds and giving voice commands easily. I'm pretty shocked that Sony had gotten rid of the eye for their ps4 to cut the cost, it would've been more innovating to keep it. Developers could've used the ps4 eye and kinect to revolutionise gaming, but it's YOUR fault (the fans) that no developers have integrated features of the kinect properly with their games and I highly doubt the ps4 eye will succeed at all and will be utilised in this upcoming generation.
---
Ps4? More like Ps3.5, just a more powerful console with no innovation.
#2Millertime660Posted 11/8/2013 3:58:11 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Just watched the kinect integrated with the dashboard, you'd honestly have to be in denial with yourself to say that having a kinect recognise you just from being the same room is bad, signing in without having to do anything, scanning codes in seconds and giving voice commands easily. I'm pretty shocked that Sony had gotten rid of the eye for their ps4 to cut the cost, it would've been more innovating to keep it. Developers could've used the ps4 eye and kinect to revolutionise gaming, but it's YOUR fault (the fans) that no developers have integrated features of the kinect properly with their games and I highly doubt the ps4 eye will succeed at all and will be utilised in this upcoming generation.

opening up your music app in game.... without leaving or even having to stop playing. the list goes on. this is awesome
#3YeomanlyPosted 11/8/2013 3:59:22 AM
I was most impressed with custom TV guides, mixing in TV / Apps is awesome, that is something I cannot do anywhere else.
#4Millertime660Posted 11/8/2013 4:01:02 AM
Yeomanly posted...
I was most impressed with custom TV guides, mixing in TV / Apps is awesome, that is something I cannot do anywhere else.

yeah its all pretty cool!
#5userfrigginamePosted 11/8/2013 4:03:20 AM
It is a nice innovation, but I've seen it put to more use with activities by innovative minds that don't involve its original purpose.
#6Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 4:08:59 AM
Millertime660 posted...
Yeomanly posted...

yeah its all pretty cool!

I thought it was brilliant, definitely worth the extra money. I hope the kinect is utilised more games. "Open menu" "Close menu" "3 points dex, 2 points strength".
---
Ps4? More like Ps3.5, just a more powerful console with no innovation.
#7MrSpaM111Posted 11/8/2013 4:10:14 AM
The original Kinect has been out for 2 years, and I'm yet to see how that revolutionized gaming. In the case of Steel Battalion it's completely ruined that franchise. The only thing it seems to be useful for gaming wise is your girlfriend doing Zumba in front of the TV.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#8GuitaristMattPosted 11/8/2013 4:11:05 AM
Yeah Kinect is nice, too bad Microsoft doesn't know how to use it.
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#9stawg007Posted 11/8/2013 4:11:50 AM
Yeah it's a great idea but I want to see it utilised better in games

That fighter within game could be awesome but the footage iv seen makes it look like the tracking is a second behind every movement
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#101nternationa7Posted 11/8/2013 4:13:42 AM
Jedi454 posted...

If revolutionizing gaming is making the dashboard easier to use, you got your priorities in the wrong place. The last big real innovation we got in console gaming was in 1990 with the introduction of online console gaming by Sega. THAT was a truly revolutionary idea that took more than a decade to revolutionize the way games were played today.

Kinect is just another gimmick like voice command was for the PC. We had voice command since the 80s. It didn't revolutionize gaming then and it will never will.
---
Pokemon Y Safari Code: 5172-1018-8947
Dragon Safari (Goodra, Salamence, Haxorus Line) Send me a PM!