Microsoft CEO candidate Stephen Elop said to consider selling Xbox business

#91CyborgTwentyPosted 11/19/2013 10:32:37 AM
nizam216 posted...
Unless you have MS stock it should not concern you.

Why waste $500 with such a uncertain future?
#92EllesarienPosted 11/19/2013 10:35:31 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
nizam216 posted...

Because as far as gamers go...it's not. But heck..if it makes a few of your ilk dreaming at night then to each their own.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#93CyborgTwentyPosted 11/20/2013 4:05:47 PM
Ellesarien posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
nizam216 posted...

Because as far as gamers go...it's not. But heck..if it makes a few of your ilk dreaming at night then to each their own.

I trust Mr.Elop more than random gamefaqs user Ellesarien.
#94coltsfan4ever31Posted 11/20/2013 4:08:07 PM
Honestly if this happened I personally wouldn't miss the Xbox brand.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#95crucialPosted 11/20/2013 4:17:25 PM
So MS spent 200 mill making the next gen controller,bought up 300,000 servers and are pouring 1 billion on new IPs and devs so they can go under?

If MS really wants to lose a lot of money then scrap X1 and there game division,does that really sound like a good buisness move?and the fact that X1 will make a profit on day one.

This will not happen this gen,Stephen Elop is saying this hoping that this gen will be MS last in the game buisness but it will not happen this gen that is for sure.
#96Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/20/2013 4:18:53 PM
Be so great having Sony and MS out of gaming...Having one console...everyone having the same system, same games, same online...Sounds like a dream to me.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l GameFAQs: So stupid, You'll feel like you've never left grade school.
#97Queen_of_Lazy89Posted 11/20/2013 4:21:32 PM
crucial posted...
So MS spent 200 mill making the next gen controller,bought up 300,000 servers and are pouring 1 billion on new IPs and devs so they can go under?

If MS really wants to lose a lot of money then scrap X1 and there game division,does that really sound like a good buisness move?and the fact that X1 will make a profit on day one.

This will not happen this gen,Stephen Elop is saying this hoping that this gen will be MS last in the game buisness but it will not happen this gen that is for sure.

Where did they say they're scrapping it? They're planning on selling it. That means they'll get money back in return. Also they're forecast to make a 40% profit should they sell off the Xbox brand.
---
"Going to the Grand Canyon" is how Limbaugh's doctor refers to giving Limbaugh a colonoscopy-Kavatar
#98Ryan-06Posted 11/20/2013 8:15:11 PM
Elop is gonna Lop off the xbox brand.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#99Ryan-06Posted 11/20/2013 8:43:48 PM
ballmer knows when to let go.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
#100Ryan-06Posted 11/21/2013 3:19:30 AM
When does Elop take over. or when does Balmer leave?
---