Xbox One All-in-One Demo with Yusuf Mehdi and Marc Whitten

#61regsantotomasPosted 11/8/2013 3:42:43 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
Theninja2004 posted...
I know people are constantly trying to find problems with stuff they don't like but this topic is ridiculous! He didn't pause the game so it continued a bit more thats all. Maybe if your not in the game it does auto pause after a bit (would be a good feature if so) or he just pressed the pause button while the controller was still in his hand geez some people.

I think the video looked great tbh and it'll not be long till we see exactly how the whole thing does run so let it go.

the thing is he was drifting off the course, and yet when he came back to it he was back centered on the course. Maybe it's a feature of forza?

It would be interesting if different games behaved differently if you don't pause them first and then move them away from focus via the dashboard. Then again, Whitten never relinquished the controller so don't know what he may have pressed.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#62Theninja2004Posted 11/8/2013 4:02:55 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
Theninja2004 posted...
I know people are constantly trying to find problems with stuff they don't like but this topic is ridiculous! He didn't pause the game so it continued a bit more thats all. Maybe if your not in the game it does auto pause after a bit (would be a good feature if so) or he just pressed the pause button while the controller was still in his hand geez some people.

I think the video looked great tbh and it'll not be long till we see exactly how the whole thing does run so let it go.

the thing is he was drifting off the course, and yet when he came back to it he was back centered on the course. Maybe it's a feature of forza?

But he wasn't back on the centre of the track as he unpaused he had to turn fairly sharply and he was like, someone else mentioned already, going pretty slow as he was before he started switching. If i switched game while still holding the controller and i knew i was drifting towards the edge (wasn't actually off the track at that point) i would push the stick to rectify it as I'm sure many would. There could be takes and edits but come on this is quite ridiculous.
---
Gamertag : Slashingwind
#63MmaguyPosted 11/8/2013 4:06:45 PM
The UI looks fantastic. Slick, fast, very customizable, tons of apps, and the switching apps/game/tv with your voice is nicely done and quite impressive.

Really looking forward to getting it.
#64Gigant0pithecusPosted 11/8/2013 4:34:47 PM
I watched this earlier today on the 360 dashboard.

Don't really care for the aesthetics of the UI; blocks and tiles everywhere and none of it looks organized to me.

The 'tile-y' thing works on my Windows phone, I suppose, but I have never liked it on 360 and I'm turned off by it here as well.

As for all the 'media-switching' and camera features, if it really does respond/work that fast and smooth, then good. I'm sure people who care about that type of stuff will enjoy these features.

I however am only interested in games, not sharing, not ads, not television, not Kinect; games. I know I can still play games on it (duh) but it's clear their focus is on some all-in-one console (as shown from the reveal), that I have no interest in and quite frankly I don't think anyone even wanted, much less needed.

Down the line when there's a Kinect-less version available for less than $400, I'll more than likely pick one up. But until then, really nothing interests me about this console or its features.

/mytwocentsendrantblogfaqsinb4etc.andallthatjazz
---
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus
#65BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/8/2013 5:18:01 PM
Bumping.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#66DionysusPosted 11/8/2013 6:40:07 PM
The recognition/tracking thing is super cool. The control is less cool. They never use gestures, the manual controller (predictably) switches faster than voice control, and the voice channel browsing was obtuse.

Also, Skype in the living room seems like a mistake to me right now. It might be the future, but I've got to think that the big screen in the home is not a personal communication device. Maybe it would have been better as a frame.
#67ECOsvaldoPosted 11/9/2013 2:06:32 AM
Doukou posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
Really?!?! You're all happy at a re-skinned Windows 8/Phone UI that's perfect for mobile devices?!?! LOL!

Lol what?
We're talking about how smooth everything works.
Though I would expect it from someone with kinda wimpy pc parts such as yourself

My gaming PC can run circles around the Xbone! It can run all my games at 1080p at High-Ultra settings at 60+ fps! Can Xbone do that? HELL NO!
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#68SoulTrapperPosted 11/9/2013 2:14:23 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...
Soul - you're trying way too hard, looking for something that isn't there...

So what if the images doesn't line up (with which I'd agree with you), fact is, in the video corresponding with the images you keep posting, Kinect voice commands are offered, and it reacts very swiftly. Play it back. Watch.

It may be just a case of they needed to re-do that part where Bing and the NFL thing pops up (which may be why it then takes the entire screen?). Example: after the first take, they carried on playing FM5 (like they do in the video), and were then told to re-do that section, for whatever reason. They do so, and FM5 is then carried on from where they were told to re-do previously.

That's the problem: the image clearly shows that something changed in the game during the time they went to the internet and watching TV.

He is clearly much farther ahead on the track.
And if you look a bit further in, you'll see even the mini-map has changed from showing a small part of the track to the full track.

http://i.imgur.com/LO2FXVW.png

Which could mean that either the game keeps playing while you're away for another 5 seconds before pausing, it's a bug or it's edited footage or even worse: it's all just a video.
#69Millertime660Posted 11/9/2013 2:26:16 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

So what if the images doesn't line up (with which I'd agree with you), fact is, in the video corresponding with the images you keep posting, Kinect voice commands are offered, and it reacts very swiftly. Play it back. Watch.

It may be just a case of they needed to re-do that part where Bing and the NFL thing pops up (which may be why it then takes the entire screen?). Example: after the first take, they carried on playing FM5 (like they do in the video), and were then told to re-do that section, for whatever reason. They do so, and FM5 is then carried on from where they were told to re-do previously.

That's the problem: the image clearly shows that something changed in the game during the time they went to the internet and watching TV.

And if you look a bit further in, you'll see even the mini-map has changed from showing a small part of the track to the full track.

Which could mean that either the game keeps playing while you're away for another 5 seconds before pausing, it's a bug or it's edited footage or even worse: it's all just a video.

Well they have said it is up to the developers as to what will happen when the guide button is hit. As for it being a video or edited.... there are plenty of sources all over the place that have confirmed that it indeed works this well.

Frankly, I dont get what this argument is about. Do people not want it to be this fast?
#70SoulTrapperPosted 11/9/2013 2:30:10 AM
Millertime660 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Well they have said it is up to the developers as to what will happen when the guide button is hit. As for it being a video or edited.... there are plenty of sources all over the place that have confirmed that it indeed works this well.

Frankly, I dont get what this argument is about. Do people not want it to be this fast?

Could you link those sources?

The argument is me asking what exactly is going on between the time they switch to internet explorer and go back to the game.
Something clearly changed, and I'm asking what and why.
Some people don't seem to like this question.