Elop, if made CEO of MS, considering killing the Xbox brand to focus on the ...

#1LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/8/2013 6:17:43 AM
Cloud?!

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5080192/microsoft-ceo-candidate-stephen-elop-bing-xbox-rumors

"My view is there are some parts of that operation they should probably spin out, get rid of, to focus on the enterprise and focus on the cloud." Nomura analyst Rick Sherlund claims Microsoft’s financial earnings could be boosted by 40 percent in fiscal 2015 if the company sold its Bing and Xbox businesses.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 11/8/2013 6:20:35 AM
I must have been hard on you when you noticed the exact same topic was already posted and at the top of the page. No, you thought, stomping your feet, this is my news, I deserve the attention!! And here we are.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#3LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 6:21:31 AM
Looks like the power of the cloud is deadly to the Xbone.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#41nternationa7Posted 11/8/2013 6:21:39 AM
Clouds are good for businesses, saves alot in software purchasing and licensing. Brilliant move I say!
---
Pokemon Y Safari Code: 5172-1018-8947
Dragon Safari (Goodra, Salamence, Haxorus Line) Send me a PM!
#5Skynet82997Posted 11/8/2013 6:23:10 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I must have been hard on you when you noticed the exact same topic was already posted and at the top of the page. No, you thought, stomping your feet, this is my news, I deserve the attention!! And here we are.

Lol - yep. And always the SAME names over and over.

Someone is also desperately trying to start a flame war in another topic about that rumored GPU boost that was debunked 6 weeks ago. You'll also recognize that topic's creator. Lol - and they claim they're only here for honest discourse.

Unreal.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#6InjusticeRebornPosted 11/8/2013 6:23:47 AM

XD

I get the vibe from every topic like this just lately...

"hey look, us gamers - we have an interest in financial situations too!"

Since the fudge when?
#7MetroidFan9999Posted 11/8/2013 6:24:52 AM
So THIS is the true power of the cloud!
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#8LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 6:25:35 AM
Skynet82997 posted...

Lol - yep. And always the SAME names over and over.

Someone is also desperately trying to start a flame war in another topic about that rumored GPU boost that was debunked 6 weeks ago. You'll also recognize that topic's creator. Lol - and they claim they're only here for honest discourse.

Unreal.....

Did not even see the other topic. And the only person talking about flame wars is you. Please go troll another topic.
---
#9SilentS89Posted 11/8/2013 6:26:27 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
"hey look, us gamers - we have an interest in financial situations too!"

Since the fudge when?

We only care when those financial situations relate to gaming or have the potential to relate to gaming.

A potential CEO that wants to kill the Xbox brand qualifies.
#10LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 6:28:03 AM
This is Xbox news on an Xbox board. If you don't like it,
#dealwithit

If this comes to fruition, then Xbox is doomed and I don't want that to happen.
---