Xb1 kinect doesn't always listen to people

#1PigfartsPosted 11/8/2013 7:34:37 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-hear-now-one-requires-repetition-135423157.html

Like a spoiled child, you sometimes have to tell it multiple times for it to listen to you. Prolly old news but I just say it when reading this mornings news.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#2SilentS89Posted 11/8/2013 7:35:10 AM
So, pretty much like the first Kinect.
#3Pigfarts(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 7:43:42 AM
SilentS89 posted...

beats me I never played with the first kinect. And I don't plan on using the new kinect. I will still pick up an Xb1 to play its exclusives. but I hope Xb changes its tune and sells a kinectless version. I'm too old (or perhaps not old enough) to be talking to myself.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#4embrandedonePosted 11/8/2013 9:56:42 AM
SilentS89 posted...

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/8/2013 9:58:08 AM
You guys should check the demo of the finished OS that was released today. Not a single missed command.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#6FoppePosted 11/8/2013 9:58:10 AM
So first people complain about Microsoft using it to spy on you, and now they complain about the Kinect not hearing you.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7Viet0nePosted 11/8/2013 9:59:11 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
You guys should check the demo of the finished OS that was released today. Not a single missed command.

Also, barely any sound to interfere. When you're playing a game or watching TV, you won't be keeping the volume to barely audible levels.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/8/2013 10:00:44 AM
Pigfarts posted...
http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-hear-now-one-requires-repetition-135423157.html

Like a spoiled child, you sometimes have to tell it multiple times for it to listen to you. Prolly old news but I just say it when reading this mornings news.
nope, i've already seen it working in person at the ms store. no repetition necessary.
#9BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/8/2013 10:02:41 AM
Foppe posted...
So first people complain about Microsoft using it to spy on you, and now they complain about the Kinect not hearing you.

Lol.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/8/2013 10:03:56 AM
Viet0ne posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...

Also, barely any sound to interfere. When you're playing a game or watching TV, you won't be keeping the volume to barely audible levels.
no, the kinect 2 has a mic array and a camera. it plays a note to itself over any noise that isn't a person signed in. my ms store is just a kiosk in a mall. the person working there was able to issue commands with all that ambient noise, including another xo right beside it playing ki, without repetition.