If Samsung bought the Xbox division from Microsoft...

#11DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/8/2013 8:50:39 AM
Some apple products are costly but not as costly as people claim. The fact is, they incorporate elements that they value over straight up hardware power. You want a PC in a huge and display with little wiring and a tiny form factor? Apple actually has an amazing value then.

iPads were not priced ridiculously either when they released.

I remember going for the Samsung Galaxy SII, which I bought because they said it was way faster with their quad core 1.4 over the Apple dual core 800mhz.

Yet as soon as I started using it... the system slowed down much faster with background applications, its larger ram seemed to get eaten up way faster and the GAMES... omg they are far worse than on Apple... Tried to play Temple Run and the touch controls were unresponsive and inaccurate. Played again on an iPhone and completely demolished my Galaxy runs.

Fact is, they know whats actually important to get performance out of their hardware and spend the money on proper R&D. They understand the benefits of a unified system.

Either way, I think both these companies would be great. Personally would prefer Apple but Samsung is a great company too that tries to offer value for its hardware and seems to be improving very quickly.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#12Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 8:53:17 AM
Part of the Apple pricetag is supposedly supreme in-store customer service.
#13SparkItUpPosted 11/8/2013 8:59:20 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Not really...

Valve would be a better choice IMO.

^ this...

Valve, Apple or Google would be the best matches for the Xbox brand to drop into (if it so were to get sold)
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#14ssjgohhkuPosted 11/8/2013 10:30:27 AM
Enclave posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
I had horrible experiences with Samsung products so that would be terrible. Apple buying Xbox on the other hand would drastically improve Xbox hardware and software even better then what Microsoft has done. I know online hipsters hate Apple because it's the cool thing to do but even they have to admit that Apple puts out some of the highest quality products on the market.

The issue people have with Apple is the cost they tag to their hardware. It's needlessly expensive. Based on Apples history? If they were selling the Xbox One? It would probably cost $599.99 instead of $499.99 and not because the system would be better built, rather just because it has the Apple sticker on it.

You get what you pay for with Apple. Yes they have high price tags but also give you the highest quality in exchange. Going from Samsung Galaxy to iphone was a huge relief and it was really amazing how huge the difference in quality is. My Samsung TV was ok until i saw the Sony Bravia quality i could have had instead for $100 more. They make ok products but overall they seem to cut quality to keep the price under the competition. Imo Samsung would lead Xbox into the Nintendo direction that means they would create a cheaper console with lower specs then Microsoft did so far and sell the hardware with quite a bit of profit. Sure Xbox brand would probably be more profitable then it is now but i really don't want Xbox to become the new Nintendo and mainly compete with Wii U mostly. I want Xbox to go into the other direction under Apple and go for even higher specs then Microsoft and offer top notch high quality hardware and software.
#15TrueBlue91Posted 11/8/2013 10:37:29 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
Enclave posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
I had horrible experiences with Samsung products so that would be terrible. Apple buying Xbox on the other hand would drastically improve Xbox hardware and software even better then what Microsoft has done. I know online hipsters hate Apple because it's the cool thing to do but even they have to admit that Apple puts out some of the highest quality products on the market.

The issue people have with Apple is the cost they tag to their hardware. It's needlessly expensive. Based on Apples history? If they were selling the Xbox One? It would probably cost $599.99 instead of $499.99 and not because the system would be better built, rather just because it has the Apple sticker on it.

You get what you pay for with Apple.

No you really ****ing don't. Apple products are as worthless as ****, yet as expensive as an 8 bedroom house in Manhattan.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#16_OujiDoza_Posted 11/8/2013 10:38:06 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Samsung is terrible so no.

Your posts are terrible so no.
---
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.
#17Killah PriestPosted 11/8/2013 11:03:06 AM
Haters gunna hate.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#18CyborgTwentyPosted 11/8/2013 12:57:14 PM
Disney should buy Xbox.
#19ssjgohhkuPosted 11/8/2013 3:16:44 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
No you really craping don't. Apple products are as worthless as crap, yet as expensive as an 8 bedroom house in Manhattan.

Can't afford it boy? No problem Samsung has a cheap lower quality phone for you.
#20JohnWall32Posted 11/8/2013 3:18:38 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Sony fears Samsung.

as they should