Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Through Cloud 'Problematic'

#11WavaryenPosted 11/8/2013 11:42:55 AM
Just goes to show sony is one step ahead. They are the best.
#12AzaneAzerPosted 11/8/2013 11:43:44 AM
The way Microsoft advertises the Cloud, you'd expect it to cure cancer.

But really, it's such a bad concept because of the bandwidth limitations and how much simpler just using emulation soft/hardware like any other company does it would be 100x more convenient and simpler, not to mention less costly long run, trying to maintain servers.
#13EnclavePosted 11/8/2013 11:47:38 AM
AzaneAzer posted...

But really, it's such a bad concept because of the bandwidth limitations and how much simpler just using emulation soft/hardware like any other company does it would be 100x more convenient and simpler, not to mention less costly long run, trying to maintain servers.

Actually? On the Xbone emulating the 360 is simply not possible, the Xbone is just not powerful enough. Conversely? On the PS4 emulating the PS3 is simply not possible, the PS4 is just not powerful enough.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#14ILikesCheesePosted 11/8/2013 1:28:31 PM
embrandedone posted...
Remember kids, if you're backward compatible then you're truly backwards - Don Mattrick

Just one drop in a sea of bon mots from Microsoft this year.

Someone really should make a year end special collecting them all.
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
LOL
#15AzaneAzerPosted 11/8/2013 1:36:56 PM(edited)
Enclave posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

Actually? On the Xbone emulating the 360 is simply not possible, the Xbone is just not powerful enough. Conversely? On the PS4 emulating the PS3 is simply not possible, the PS4 is just not powerful enough.

Why do you even bring up the playstation?

The "Cloud" trying to emulate a system because the hardware isn't powerful enough is pretty sad, because Cloud streaming has so many outside complications that make it less convenient than just buying another system.

This reminds me of the guy who claimed the Xbone was backwards compatible with a passthrough hdmi cable, and I proved that a potato was just as backwards compatible with the 360 in that sense.

Don't jump to the "OMFG A SONY PONY" conclusion anytime someone says something negative towards the xbone, I'm very much a 360 user that will probably be going full on PC this generation with how poorly both consoles are doing, and instead of making the best product, they waste their time with the lesser of 2 evils arguments.
#16billsfanno1Posted 11/8/2013 1:35:53 PM
I stopped playing Xbox games on my X360 about six months after launch. Neither Sony nor MS will have cloud-based backwards compatibility in place by then for this generation. So in my mind, it's a bunch of wasted cost, time and effort. I'll keep an X360 and a few games in the closet for nostalgia.
#17HalecticPosted 11/8/2013 1:36:09 PM
Enclave posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

The reason PS4 can not emulate the PS3, is because it is IMPOSSIBLE to emulate the PS3, no PC exists that can do it due to the Cell Processor
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#18benjimainPosted 11/8/2013 1:48:46 PM
Ouch. This is embarrassing for MS when Gaikai is well on the way to full PS3, PS2 and PS1 backwards compatibility.
#19ssjgohhkuPosted 11/8/2013 2:06:05 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
What does Cloud do again?

Defeat Sephiroth.

Ok i admit that was clever and funny.
#20embrandedonePosted 11/9/2013 2:43:44 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
embrandedone posted...
Remember kids, if you're backward compatible then you're truly backwards - Don Mattrick

Just one drop in a sea of bon mots from Microsoft this year.

Someone really should make a year end special collecting them all.

Oh no worries, I know several people with detailed files and timeline of MS and their Xbots

Plus, the fine folks at NeoGAF and their amazing gifs. ;)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board