Can anyone honestly give me a list of reasons why I should get this over a PS4?

#1EnvoyofunoIIPosted 11/8/2013 4:58:45 PM
I'm genuinely curious. I mean no disrespect, am not trying to start a flamewar, am not trolling or anything. I genuinely cannot think of any benefit to buying this console over a PS4 other than exclusives such as Halo, which is nowhere near enough for me as I am very unhappy with where the series has gone after 3.

Inferior hardware
Games (as of now) performing worse
Higher price point (due to Kinect, which I couldn't care less about)
Worse IPs (IMO)

More importantly, Microsoft has shown to be anti-consumer, and will most definitely try to force that route again despite being forced to back down and reverse policies.

I know this is all rehashed material that most of you have most likely read hundreds of times by now, but I don't come to this board. I was just thinking about it, and cannot for the life of me think of a single reason to own an XBOX One over a PS4 at the moment, so I was curious why some of you are purchasing the console, and could maybe put a few ideas in my head to maybe make my opinion of the console go up. I'm sure this will ultimately turn into a blabbering whine fest from fanboys/trolls, but that's not my intention, so I'd really appreciate some honest answers to help me out.

Thanks!
---
Pokemon Y 3DS Friend Code: 3196-3840-9285
Safari: Dugtrio, Sandshrew, Diggersby
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 11/8/2013 5:00:35 PM
Reasons to buy a platform (any platform):

1) Games, features and/or services you want.

That is all. If this isn't true, don't get it.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#3Dr WhoopassPosted 11/8/2013 5:03:45 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...

2) to annoy the people who want you to like what they like

---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#4zephirrainesPosted 11/8/2013 5:05:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 11/8/2013 5:05:29 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...

2) to annoy the people who want you to like what they like

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llyjfxBzUe1qztjn5o1_500.jpg
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#6Dr WhoopassPosted 11/8/2013 5:09:37 PM
muhuhahahahahahahahaaaaa
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#7EnvoyofunoII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:10:47 PM
zephirraines posted...
Yet sony is more consumer friendly? Get an education. I love the ponies in disguise who try to trash the xbox then ask why they should get one. Real question is what does the ps4 offer? Blurry battlefield and no games while paying for online that sucks.

Real gamers will realizw that xbox is dominating in games and features. So you can pray sony will get its act together or ask vita owners how does waiting for greatness feel like while i am playing all the games you wish you had.

"Real gamers" is a stupid term, and not being one should never be thrown out in an insulting way. Not only that, but your post is exactly the kind of response that is completely unnecessary and what starts pathetic console fanwars. Guess what? Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo do not care about you whatsoever. So I don't know why people are so brand loyal and act like this.

The only console I own right now is a 360. However, this does not mean that I'm going to ride Microsoft throughout the next generation, and it's pathetic that people like you even exist. Now, if you had legitimate reasons as to why you thought the way that your post pronounces, that's fine, but the way this post was better off not even being put up, as it did nothing to help me learn about the console, and has a sudden defensive tone basically showing that you need to defend your purchase to me with nothing to back it up besides a negative tone and insults.

I really hate video game message boards because of people like you.

Now, if someone else could actually give me legitimate reasons, that'd be great.
---
Pokemon Y 3DS Friend Code: 3196-3840-9285
Safari: Dugtrio, Sandshrew, Diggersby
#8SirMurderPosted 11/8/2013 5:11:06 PM
Well it sounds like you want a playstation over an xbox anyway. So do what makes you happy. Why do you need people to convince you?
#9KamiKazie44Posted 11/8/2013 5:11:28 PM

Basically this! Whatever anyone else says is pointless. No such thing as the "better" console as it comes down to what you like and want. Not everyone will like PS4 and not everyone will like xbox one.
#10SigarmzPosted 11/8/2013 5:12:12 PM
zephirraines posted...
Yet sony is more consumer friendly? Get an education. I love the ponies in disguise who try to trash the xbox then ask why they should get one. Real question is what does the ps4 offer? Blurry battlefield and no games while paying for online that sucks.

Real gamers will realizw that xbox is dominating in games and features. So you can pray sony will get its act together or ask vita owners how does waiting for greatness feel like while i am playing all the games you wish you had.

You are so mad.