Yahoo: '' Xbox One is useless without the Update''

#31NeoMonkPosted 11/8/2013 8:37:37 PM
Man O man... Sony is paying off everyone on the internet to talk bad about MS :(
oh wait...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#32TheGam3925Posted 11/8/2013 8:40:27 PM(edited)
Yeah the entire internet is controlled by Sony. Just ask any M$ fanboy.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#33Thewinner14Posted 11/8/2013 8:47:02 PM
Well it does highlight a point that consoles used to be plug and play. In fact the hassle of setting up a pc compared to a console is one of the big reasons console gamers have shunned the pc as a gaming medium (price being the other point)

But now, on top of having similar hardware and os, you have to set it up like a pc now too. Instead of installingfr om a dvd though it's from the Internet.

I think this may be the last console gen, not because either company fails, but they've let their consoles become encumbered with the hassles of a pc without any of the benefits.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#34blitz_0623Posted 11/8/2013 8:52:06 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
if you are buying an X1 and have no/crappy internet, I question your economic decision making abilities.

This.
/topic
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#35NSGraphitePosted 11/8/2013 8:57:35 PM
JusticeSword posted...
PS4 update:
size: 300 mb (approx)
availability: Via psn, website to USB drive,printed onto some games, or physical disc.
faq;
Do I need this update for gaming?
No, you can play right away.
Can I play whilst it downloads?
Yes you can download it in the background & install at a convenient time.

X1 update:
Size: 3gb (approx)
availability: XB Live network
faq;
Do I need this update for gaming ?
Yes games cannot be played till you update.
No.

Potential issues;

For those purchasing consoles day 1, you will probably have trouble getting the updates as everyone will be trying to download at the same time, this is less of an issue on the ps4 as the update is available in varying mediums, & the update is small, & not needed for offline gaming, & more of an issue with the X1, which has 1 outlet for their update, which is 10x bigger than the ps4 update, & is required for gaming on the X1.

One update method is objectively better than the other, why the X1 update doesnt come burned to a cheap dvd with the console I cant fathom.

THIS

/topic.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#36phoenix9291Posted 11/8/2013 8:58:37 PM
NSGraphite posted...
JusticeSword posted...
PS4 update:
availability: Via psn, website to USB drive,printed onto some games, or physical disc.
faq;

X1 update:
faq;
No.

Potential issues;

For those purchasing consoles day 1, you will probably have trouble getting the updates as everyone will be trying to download at the same time, this is less of an issue on the ps4 as the update is available in varying mediums, & the update is small, & not needed for offline gaming, & more of an issue with the X1, which has 1 outlet for their update, which is 10x bigger than the ps4 update, & is required for gaming on the X1.

One update method is objectively better than the other, why the X1 update doesnt come burned to a cheap dvd with the console I cant fathom.

THIS

/topic.

Except as of right now the Xbox update is 500mb....
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#37HalecticPosted 11/8/2013 9:04:02 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
JusticeSword posted...
PS4 update:
faq;

X1 update:
faq;
No.

Potential issues;

THIS

/topic.

So with the PS4, right now i can download the 300mb update to a flash drive and install it offline

But with the Xbox One, i cant do the same thing with a 500mb update?
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#38NemesisOgreKingPosted 11/8/2013 9:05:36 PM
Thewinner14 posted...
Well it does highlight a point that consoles used to be plug and play. In fact the hassle of setting up a pc compared to a console is one of the big reasons console gamers have shunned the pc as a gaming medium (price being the other point)

But now, on top of having similar hardware and os, you have to set it up like a pc now too. Instead of installingfr om a dvd though it's from the Internet.

I think this may be the last console gen, not because either company fails, but they've let their consoles become encumbered with the hassles of a pc without any of the benefits.

My sentiments exactly.
---
NemesisOgreKing, appearing on your Ignore List this post
#39tinfoil21Posted 11/8/2013 9:09:28 PM
My bet goes on that the servers start struggling on Day One, leading this place into a state of complete havoc. Or somebody hacks it (ex. PSN hack) and then THAT would be hilarious!
---
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and have his shoes.
#40phoenix9291Posted 11/8/2013 9:09:39 PM
Halectic posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
JusticeSword posted...
PS4 update:
faq;

X1 update:
faq;
No.

Potential issues;

THIS

/topic.

So with the PS4, right now i can download the 300mb update to a flash drive and install it offline

But with the Xbox One, i cant do the same thing with a 500mb update?

I was simply correcting misinformation. Nowhere did I say anything about getting the update on a flash drive. The original quote mentions that the Xbox update is large and that with everyone trying to download the update at the same time it could be an issue. 500mb is much smaller than 3gb and as of right now the update is 500mb.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup