Why can't a game console in 2013 play a game out of the box?

#11ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/8/2013 9:28:49 PM
PStrife posted...
This isn't about having access to the internet, seems people are ignorant. People expect to be able to play their play things immediately out of the box, that is and will always be the expectation. Deal with it.

You don't like it, then don't go into manufacturing. Microsoft and Sony are going to recieve negative feedback from this crap at the end of the day for the unspoken and unadvertised hassle. People mention these negative things to other people all the time, which only further slows down their sales. Since now it is associated to such stupid BS out of the box.

It is like they don't deal with people or understand long standing human behaviours.

If it really bothers you that much, wait until the second manufacturing run is out.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#12M1911A1Posted 11/8/2013 9:31:32 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Halectic posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
If you don't have any access to internet, don't buy it. If you do have access to internet, shut up.

That is sending people to buy the PS4. which can be played out of the box

Yeah. All I hear are people saying how they want an x1 desperately. They love the games, controller, new kinect immersion, dedicated servers, but that damn day one patch just ruins the whole thing. Then they go off and pre order a PS4.

If only we lived in a patchless world.
If only.

LOL and then that PS4 won't play Blu-rays or online multiplayer without a patch.
#13TheGam3925Posted 11/8/2013 9:34:24 PM
Halectic posted...
If you don't have any access to internet, don't buy it. If you do have access to internet, shut up.

That is sending people to buy the PS4. which can be played out of the box

The PS4 and the Wii-U can play games out of the box. The Xbone is a brick in a box.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#14BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/8/2013 9:35:50 PM
PStrife posted...
This isn't about having access to the internet, seems people are ignorant. People expect to be able to play their play things immediately out of the box, that is and will always be the expectation. Deal with it.

You don't like it, then don't go into manufacturing. Microsoft and Sony are going to recieve negative feedback from this crap at the end of the day for the unspoken and unadvertised hassle. People mention these negative things to other people all the time, which only further slows down their sales. Since now it is associated to such stupid BS out of the box.

It is like they don't deal with people or understand long standing human behaviours.

So you have never bought a computer of tablet brand new??? They usually have software updates.

Oh no!!! I just bought this and now I have to wait 5 minutes to install a patch. Don't they know I need constant instant gratification!!!
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#15SparkItUpPosted 11/8/2013 9:48:25 PM
Dev445 posted...
The real question is that in this day and age who doesn't have Internet?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Ch3e3d.png

as you can see, in the United States alone, there is a considerable portion of the population where reliable highspeed internet is not available..
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#16BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/8/2013 10:03:51 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Dev445 posted...
The real question is that in this day and age who doesn't have Internet?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Ch3e3d.png

as you can see, in the United States alone, there is a considerable portion of the population where reliable highspeed internet is not available..

"Considerable portion"... Like in the open areas where nobody lives or heavily wooded areas where nobody lives or on those pesky mountain ranges or those bits of desert.

I'm in ny. Those 70% areas are heavily wooded with almost no population.

It's not the staggering number people on this board try to make it out to be.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#17crynryanPosted 11/8/2013 10:11:45 PM
If I were to buy a new NES in 2013, wouldn't that mean my console would be able to play games out of the box?
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#18jakethenoobPosted 11/8/2013 10:39:11 PM

Don Mattick pls
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#19gogogodzillaPosted 11/8/2013 11:10:06 PM

IE: We don't want your money!
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#20Ludacris01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 9:01:27 PM
This is going to be very interesting to see, come next Friday
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4