Is Xbox One only winning the war of third-party support because MS is rich?

#11combatbear82Posted 11/11/2013 6:56:14 AM
I think 2 factors come to play. One is the fact that they paid out the butt like many of you mentioned.

I also feel that the fact that it was a DRM/No used game machine lured developers towards the XB1.

Lets face the facts a lot of developers have been doing that stuff now with online passes.

I owned both an original xbox and Xbox360. I felt as a 8 year supporter and a Military man that they spit in our face and tried to rip us off. I feel like I cannot trust the company even after the 180.

But I also understand the basics of Bussiness and it is important to have competition. If there was no competition we would have to deal with it.
---
PSN- CBARS82
http://m.youtube.com/user/CBARS82
#12HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/11/2013 7:31:13 AM(edited)
Its dirt simple my boy.

Third party publishers don't like the risk. Even activision.
Sony burned most of its bridges in 2012 by hurling smaller devs under the bus the moment the code was done.
Nintendo isn't really in the race.
Big papa Microsoft has a console to launch, a billion dollar budget and with numerous studios without publishers.

Things make more sense when you realise Epic, Remedy, Insomniac, Crytek, Playground Games etc. can't release retail console games without a publisher.

Its a veritable plum pie of gamage.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#13SabramPosted 11/12/2013 12:55:13 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Its dirt simple my boy.

Third party publishers don't like the risk. Even activision.
Sony burned most of its bridges in 2012 by hurling smaller devs under the bus the moment the code was done.
Nintendo isn't really in the race.
Big papa Microsoft has a console to launch, a billion dollar budget and with numerous studios without publishers.

Things make more sense when you realise Epic, Remedy, Insomniac, Crytek, Playground Games etc. can't release retail console games without a publisher.

Its a veritable plum pie of gamage.

Your second point makes no sense at all. How did Sony hurl small devs under the bus, when they either didnt charge at all, or as much as MS did to even patch games released on their online store? Sony has also been befriending and making ties with up-and-coming indie developers, which may someday get big enough to make the next AAA games. MS was really late to that party, and a lot of small devs have stated that working under MS is really bad.
---
Official Switch Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram