Now that demos of finalized Kinect functionality are being released...

#1TheBorderColliePosted 11/9/2013 12:56:49 AM
...I'm beginning to wonder if Microsoft was right all along - The Kinect technology really is going to enhance the console so significantly that Sony and Nintendo will be forced to play catch-up down the line.

If you haven't seen all that it can do, you really should check it out. It's pretty impressive tech and it has tons of potential. Even the Skype functionality and how it reacts to you during the calls was very cool.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#2Millertime660Posted 11/9/2013 12:58:08 AM
i was never really scheptical and was remaining very optimistic but seeing it in action gets me even more excited!
#3teehee23Posted 11/9/2013 1:00:55 AM
Topic is so true.
Kinect 2.0 is going to be a major game changer and help make Xbox #1 the champion of next gen.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#4TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 1:04:12 AM
Millertime660 posted...
i was never really scheptical and was remaining very optimistic but seeing it in action gets me even more excited!

Agreed.

For example, the fact that it can recognize you based on physical structure and facial features...and load up your preferences only when you say so because it recognizes your vocal pattern...All of that and more is just really cool!
---
#5lostsniper187Posted 11/9/2013 1:06:05 AM
Sadly as much as I agree with this (super excited!) you may as well grab a flame shield. People do not like positive reactions for the X1 around here...
---
i7 3770k @4.6ghz/ SLI EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gb/G.Skill Sniper 8gb RAM/ASUS Maximus V Extreme/128gb Plextor SSD/Corsair H100/Kingwin 750 psu/CM storm trooper.
#6TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 1:09:11 AM
lostsniper187 posted...
Sadly as much as I agree with this (super excited!) you may as well grab a flame shield. People do not like positive reactions for the X1 around here...

Let 'em flame.

They do it because they have nothing to be this excited about on their console of choice.
---
#7MmaguyPosted 11/9/2013 1:09:52 AM
It's a big game changer, to be honest. The fact that my entertainment system recognizes me immediately when I walk into the room and I can control the whole thing with my voice, literally does change the way I'll be interacting with my entertainment. It sounds like a commercial, but damn.. it's just true.
#8SythisTaruPosted 11/9/2013 1:10:41 AM
People also don't realize that the Kinect 2 is 399.99 on it's own. It's an extremely powerful piece of hardware and getting it bundled with the Xbox for so cheap is a really good deal if you have any interest in it at all.