Microsoft CEO Candidate Elop Would Consider Selling off the Xbox Brand

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft CEO Candidate Elop Would Consider Selling off the Xbox Brand
2 years ago#1
Some tidbits from the article

Besides emphasizing Office, Elop would be prepared to sell or shut down major businesses to sharpen the company’s focus, the people said. He would consider ending Microsoft’s costly effort to take on Google with its Bing search engine, and would also consider selling healthy businesses such as the Xbox game console if he determined they weren’t critical to the company’s strategy, the people said.

“We conclude that Xbox platform plus Windows phone and Skype lose about $2.5 billion per year, and we estimate that the Xbox platform may account for roughly $2 billion of this…”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-08/microsoft-ceo-candidate-elop-said-to-mull-windows-shift.html

I'm not trolling all I am doing is giving news.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
2 years ago#2
Be careful posting news is considered trolling here. >_>
2 years ago#3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67769590
2 years ago#4
thefabregas22 posted...

Except it isn't news (it's barely even gossip), it's been strongly denied and mocked officially by MS, it was already posted and at the top of the page, and you are trolling.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
2 years ago#5
scoobydoobydont posted...
thefabregas22 posted...

Except it isn't news (it's barely even gossip), it's been strongly denied and mocked officially by MS, it was already posted and at the top of the page, and you are trolling.

So posting news and giving no opinion on it is now trolling?

I didn't see it on the front page and wanted to get it up quick since it was interesting news so I didn't check to see if it had been posted or not :/
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
2 years ago#6
If he becomes the CEO, it WILL become reality.
2 years ago#7
ssjgohhku posted...

Lol. You probably believe CEOs have 100% say in all operations.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
2 years ago#8
scoobydoobydont posted...
thefabregas22 posted...

Microsoft is denying bad news about the xbox division just a few weeks before the launch of the new Xbox? Quelle surprise!

There have been many of these rumors floating around for months, combined with the ActiValue group, the co-founder and this potential new CEO coming out and saying they want to get rid of the xbox, I think it's fair to say there is some truth in this.
2 years ago#9
SunDevil77 posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

Just post this from now on to these topics: http://memegenerator.net/Ancient-Aliens

It's exactly what they sound like. According to this article he wants to sell xbox now I know microsoft came out and denied that this will happen and even did so mockingly. Also, I'm not saying it will happen but it will. and it will be sold to aliens.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
2 years ago#10
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

Just post this from now on to these topics: http://memegenerator.net/Ancient-Aliens

It's exactly what they sound like. According to this article he wants to sell xbox now I know microsoft came out and denied that this will happen and even did so mockingly. Also, I'm not saying it will happen but it will. and it will be sold to aliens.

That's a great idea!
Let's pretend nothing is happening, then surely nothing will happen!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft CEO Candidate Elop Would Consider Selling off the Xbox Brand

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived