NO 3D bluray!!! That's a game changer for me.

#101SheepinatorPosted 11/11/2013 4:56:44 PM
Maybe people don't want to use another device for 3D movies? Since:

a) MS said this was the one device you'll need.
b) XB1 and Kinect are huge, which means more shelf space if you need to keep another device too.
c) It's another HDMI slot used, which might be an issue for some people.
d) If they don't already own something which plays 3D movies, that means additional expense to buy one.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#102PrinceOfHotPosted 11/11/2013 5:08:09 PM
I like how Microsoft has to license technology from Sony's bluray partnership. Every Xbone game sold makes Sony money too. LOL
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
#103PrinceOfHotPosted 11/11/2013 5:09:48 PM
Izraeil posted...
Masterchief5525 posted...
Pretty sure the PS4 doesn't play 3d blu rays either.

It does actually, even the PS3 could do it.

Yea it can, I have a 3D TV and 3D movies are freaking awesome fun to watch on that, I'm hoping the stereoscopic tech on the PS4 will be even more refined.
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
#104DarthnuggetzPosted 11/11/2013 7:01:44 PM
3D was a fad that has already passed
#105Kuebel33Posted 11/11/2013 7:04:13 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...

You don't need to put in Discs in your drive to watch television.

I have big news for you: You don't even need a Xbox One to watch television.

Lol!

/thread
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#106Kuebel33Posted 11/11/2013 7:06:34 PM
Darthnuggetz posted...
3D was a fad that has already passed

Wrong. You can call 3D a fad all you want but it's here for good this time and damn near standard. I have a few 3D TVs and they are awesome. Haters gonna hate.

Also, considering 3D movies make the majority of the money at the theaters each year, you won't see 3D content fading anytime soon. I just saw Pacific Rim in 3D at home and it was incredibly tight.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#107LordElohimPosted 11/11/2013 8:35:55 PM(edited)
I am completely in favor of informed debate, but the key word there is "informed," which you do not seem to be, Kuebel33. You are making up figures to suit your argument. First of all, I own a 3D TV. Second of all, I have never used the 3D feature, not even once. I did do some searching on Google before jumping in here though, because I like to be well informed when I call other people out on being misinformed. Currently, 3D TVs represent 19 percent of overall television sales. Sales, not installed user base. That means that total 3D TV ownership versus non-3D is likely under 10 percent, worldwide. Less than 10 percent of TV owners and 19 percent of sales is not even remotely in the vicinity of standard. 3D TV sales are not projected to outpace non 3D TV sales until 2017. Companies like Disney are phasing out 3D channels, which can't be a good sign. Nintendo recently released a version of the 3DS with no 3D, that can't be a good sign. Where are you getting the idea that "3D movies make the majority of money at the theaters each year?" That is literally not even possible. Any given movie theater, out of 10-15 screens, will have one or two movies playing in 3D, with a movie being shown with a 3D option coming out maybe once or twice a month. Basically, your argument asserts that if a theater is showing Thor in 3D in one theater for $15, Thor in 4 more theaters in 2D at $10, that somehow the one 3D showing outpaces the 4 2D showings. As an idea, that is completely outside of reality. Going back to my TV argument, if Microsoft cares more about the 90 people in 100 that don't have a 3D TV than they do about the 10 people in 100 that do, well I say that makes perfectly sound business sense.

Also, anything running HDMI 1.4 *can* output a 3D signal, it is up to the content provider or manufacturer to make it happen. The PS3 was updated to HDMI 1.4 via firmware to enable 3D content, and was ordered by the Sony parent company to help push 3D sales, it was not something, necessarily, that SCEA wanted to do.

And to the guy that keeps singing the praises of 3D, TC, I think, congratulations for having a living room that can accommodate 4 or more people viewing your TV at a 90 degree angle, which is what the viewing of 3D content requires. I know for sure that I couldn't get 4 people directly in front of my TV comfortably, and I doubt most people could.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#108SheepinatorPosted 11/11/2013 8:43:28 PM
LordElohim posted...
I am completely in favor of informed debate, but the key word there is "informed," which you do not seem to be, Kuebel33. You are making up figures to suit your argument. First of all, I own a 3D TV. Second of all, I have never used the 3D feature, not even once.

You make a poor argument because you haven't even checked for yourself to see if you like 3D, nor have you given any justification for why MS wouldn't support it (what would it cost them, as I asked earlier, except for the fact they don't get a "cut" of people watching 3D movies on disc?), plus you are guilty yourself of making up numbers.

In its opening weekend, 80 percent of all Gravity ticket-buyers chose to see the film in 3-D. The following weekend, that number rose to 82 percent and remained steady through the third weekend.

There is demand for good 3D content. If you have a decent TV purchased recently, or in the coming years, it will likely support 3D. There is no reason not to support it, other than as I already mentioned, MS doesn't directly profit from it. They want people consuming movies via Live and via services locked behind Gold paywall, not on discs. There is no valid defense for the absence of a feature like this, a feature which would clearly benefit and please at least some consumers, even if you aren't even willing to try it for yourself.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/10/gravity-future-3d-movies/
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#109DillMan926Posted 11/11/2013 9:01:25 PM
This is pretty unfortunate news. Looks like I will have to hold onto my PS3 for quite some time now. Not like I watch a lot of 3D stuff, but I have the TV for it and a few 3D movies. Not only that, but Xbox One not having the Crunchyroll App is probably my biggest annoyance as I use that for streaming content more than anything else.
---
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap
#110Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:41:11 AM
mike468 posted...
Izraeil posted...
Masterchief5525 posted...
Pretty sure the PS4 doesn't play 3d blu rays either.

It does actually, even the PS3 could do it.

But it also required an update to even add the feature to the system.

@TC, You would have to be stupid to think MS wouldn't add it during a later system update, just like they did with 1080p. Plus none of the PS4 launch titles have 3d playback at launch. So what is the big deal about the system not having 3d playback at launch, if you already own a PS3 to begin with?

Im not talking about games im talking about films. Btw xbox launched with 1080p. Ps4 launches with 3d bluray and MS cannot even confirm if they can implement 3D bluray in the future- either technically or legally. Until they do- im just not buying.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"