Analyst: Microsoft losing $2 billion on Xbox annually

#41Kosmo240985Posted 11/12/2013 5:35:16 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
C'mon man i'm just trying to bring some tiny shred of knowledge here, don't kill my buzz :(

on a serious note I actually liked the article, it was a good read. I tried explaining something similar to the ponies in another one of the 500 xbox sells division topics but alas, logic does not run deep with those trolls.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#42Dr WhoopassPosted 11/12/2013 5:37:33 PM
LOL I know, I am just hoping some random impressionable lad will see these articles and awaken to the wonderful world of corporate scumbaggery.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#43zephirrainesPosted 11/12/2013 5:42:35 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
zephirraines posted...
KidIcaroots posted...
Guys, c'mon! You don't HAVE TO defend Microsoft. How about just acknowledging reality and discussing it like normal people?

Youre pathetic and delusional. Seriously stop and think for one second. 360 has been selling at a profit for years, xbox sells more software, xbox also get revenue from every month. Also 360 sold more units then ps3.

The $2 billion is the cost, you are ignoring the revenue that offsets these costs and MS has already made an offical post on this. Ponies fail at fake journalism once again.

360 sold more than ps3? And you were telling the other guy to google lol? Oh the irony.

Yes kiddo. Even more ironic since you dont realize that MS reached 80 million before sony. Learn to google.
#44Kosmo240985Posted 11/12/2013 5:43:11 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
LOL I know, I am just hoping some random impressionable lad will see these articles and awaken to the wonderful world of corporate scumbaggery.

i personally like this one. It's old but it rings true to investors. Sony may look favorable now, but they risk falling behind in 5 years.

thats the whole reason i always thought DRM (although too soon) was a good move on MS part.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forrester/2013/02/20/sony-bets-on-the-past-forfeits-on-the-future/
---
GT: Kozzie85
#45Hvv0l24n9Posted 11/12/2013 6:21:31 PM
zephirraines posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
zephirraines posted...
KidIcaroots posted...
Guys, c'mon! You don't HAVE TO defend Microsoft. How about just acknowledging reality and discussing it like normal people?

Youre pathetic and delusional. Seriously stop and think for one second. 360 has been selling at a profit for years, xbox sells more software, xbox also get revenue from every month. Also 360 sold more units then ps3.

The $2 billion is the cost, you are ignoring the revenue that offsets these costs and MS has already made an offical post on this. Ponies fail at fake journalism once again.

360 sold more than ps3? And you were telling the other guy to google lol? Oh the irony.

Yes kiddo. Even more ironic since you dont realize that MS reached 80 million before sony. Learn to google.

I always wonder why no one acknowledges that in their "MS lost" rants.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#46Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/12/2013 6:25:53 PM
2 billion is nothing, Microsoft can eat billions upon billions of dollars and still give us the best possible console, TC. The ESRAM is a lot more expensive than GGDR5 and it's top of the line memory performance and complete system balance. You know what, Microsoft doesn't need first party studios, they'll just spend another billion and secure some exclusives. Microsoft is eatting these costs only because they're kind and honest people, they want to pass us the savings and the best possible gaming experience while they continue to eat billions upon billions each year.

Microsoft f****** rocks man
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#47HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/13/2013 7:01:40 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
zephirraines posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
zephirraines posted...
KidIcaroots posted...

I always wonder why no one acknowledges that in their "MS lost" rants.

Because it confirms IDC and VGchartz have been wrong wrong wrong since last year. Ald also ps3 came dead last this generation.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#48ssjgohhkuPosted 11/13/2013 9:37:43 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
2 billion is nothing, Microsoft can eat billions upon billions of dollars and still give us the best possible console, TC. The ESRAM is a lot more expensive than GGDR5 and it's top of the line memory performance and complete system balance. You know what, Microsoft doesn't need first party studios, they'll just spend another billion and secure some exclusives. Microsoft is eatting these costs only because they're kind and honest people, they want to pass us the savings and the best possible gaming experience while they continue to eat billions upon billions each year.

Microsoft f****** rocks man

Lol
#49CyborgTwentyPosted 11/15/2013 12:49:24 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Because it confirms IDC and VGchartz have been wrong wrong wrong since last year. Ald also ps3 came dead last this generation.

Shame on you for this weak troll attempt.
#50The_DarkwalkerPosted 11/15/2013 12:54:05 PM
KidIcaroots posted...
Here's the link> http://www.destructoid.com/analyst-microsoft-losing-2-billion-on-xbox-annually-265273.phtml

and here> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-07-huge-xbox-losses-hidden-by-patent-royalties-says-analyst

Doesn't sound like a successful business venture at all.

Explain why I would care whether any company I buy anything from is doing poorly financially.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.