Who Supports Microsoft's Decision to CONSOLE BAN Those Who Got the XBOX1 Early?

#1ILikesCheesePosted 11/9/2013 12:31:42 PM
Do You Support Microsoft's Decision to CONSOLE BAN Those Who Got the XBOX ONE Early? - Results (367 votes)
YES, Microsoft has the right to treat their customers how they see fit.
28.61% (105 votes)
NO, this is outrageous and Microsoft has over-stepped its bounds
71.39% (262 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Newest Xbox One Scandal of the Week:

Several Xbox One pre-orders were mistakenly sent out by Target and other retailers. Those who went online with their brand new Xbox Ones last week before the legal street date release of the console on November 22 received near instantaneous console bans. One user in particular posted Youtube videos and an all night Twitter Feed which Microsoft attempted to block. The Youtube videos were removed for copyright infringement and his Twitter account was briefly jailed.

Thoughts?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2426937,00.asp

https://twitter.com/Moonlightswami

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/early-xbox-one-details/
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
LOL
#2Ryan-06Posted 11/9/2013 12:33:33 PM
Xboxobama is holding on for survival.

"Yes we can! change is coming"
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
Xboner - http://i.minus.com/icpsSjQz6fk8t.gif
#3ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 12:42:31 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
Xboxobama is holding on for survival.

"Yes we can! change is coming"

Well, "change" would have been here already but bONEheaded Republicans control the House and the majority of Americans are too ignorant to understand that.

:D
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
LOL
#4ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 12:47:22 PM
I wish the 8 people who have voted YES so far would explain their line of reasoning.

My personal opinion is that the consumer did nothing wrong. He legally purchased a product and received said product and then proceeded to use said bought product. This isn't a case of someone within the retail industry breaking a release date. If he received a warning from MS to not go online before 11-22 with his order, fine. But this obviously did not happen.
---
LOL
#5Coutts2Posted 11/9/2013 12:48:16 PM
Microsoft has a street date and that should not be broken, I have no problem with them banning the consoles until the midnight release. That being said I get annoyed by the scalping already, I would hate to see launch get even worse with retailers offering a console a few weeks early at a premium. And really if you are old enough to have a new console you should have learned to be patient already, it is only 1,2 or 3 weeks away depending on console and location.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#6originalselfPosted 11/9/2013 12:51:01 PM
Major Nelson has already said these systems are not perma banned. They are just locking up things for street date.
---
GTA V Crew: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/moonlighters
#7ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 12:53:42 PM
Coutts2 posted...
Microsoft has a street date and that should not be broken, I have no problem with them banning the consoles until the midnight release. That being said I get annoyed by the scalping already, I would hate to see launch get even worse with retailers offering a console a few weeks early at a premium. And really if you are old enough to have a new console you should have learned to be patient already, it is only 1,2 or 3 weeks away depending on console and location.

You have to put yourself in the role of a typical consumer. A typical consumer may not be up to date with street dates and forums and the ins and outs of the video games industry. A typical user buys a product, then uses a product. As such, a typical consumer should not be punished by such standards by Microsoft. The person involved in this issue isn't a "typical consumer" of course, but that doesn't mean the rules should change for him either.

If I ordered the "Man of Steel" blu ray last week and got it from Amazon in the mail today before its "street release" this Tuesday, put it in my blu ray player and my BR player suddenly stopped working because of it, I would be seriously upset.
---
LOL
#8True_FoeHammerPosted 11/9/2013 12:54:09 PM
originalself posted...
Major Nelson has already said these systems are not perma banned. They are just locking up things for street date.

I see no difference. He paid for his console 100% legally. He received his console 100% legally. He was using his console 100% legally. Then Microsoft said lolnope and bricked his console. Doesn't matter if it's temporary or not, Microsoft made useless his property for no valid reason.
#9ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 12:54:51 PM
originalself posted...

You have to ask yourself, If this happened to ME and the rest of the world was unaware, would the result be the same?
---
LOL
#10originalselfPosted 11/9/2013 1:00:14 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
originalself posted...

I see no difference. He paid for his console 100% legally. He received his console 100% legally. He was using his console 100% legally. Then Microsoft said lolnope and bricked his console. Doesn't matter if it's temporary or not, Microsoft made useless his property for no valid reason.

People can cry about it now but in two weeks no one will care. I am not saying it does not suck that the lucky people now have a brick. But MS has a right to keep xbox live access off until launch. It is a bummer but not the atrocity some people are trying to make it.
---
GTA V Crew: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/moonlighters