Who Supports Microsoft's Decision to CONSOLE BAN Those Who Got the XBOX1 Early?

#31Zato InfinitePosted 11/9/2013 2:06:19 PM
I'm not sure what the big deal is. It's a temporary ban. You were supposed to wait for the street date anyway. A few years ago they didn't have the means to control street date and now they do. Can you really blame them for enforcing it?

In this case, I honestly don't see Microsoft being at fault. I see Target as being the one at fault for breaking the street date. If there is an issue it should be taken up with Target, not Microsoft. Target employees should know about the street date and they should be held accountable for breaking it. It's not Microsoft's fault Target broke street date.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
#32whitelytningPosted 11/9/2013 2:11:58 PM
Temp ban -- fair.
perma ban without any evidence of wrong doing -- not fair.
perma ban with evidence of wrong doing -- fair.

Non-issue in 2 weeks anyway so don't really care.

EULA says MS can do what they want, don't like it don't get one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#33Jason_HudsonPosted 11/9/2013 2:16:11 PM
It's not the customer's fault that he received the console early. Fine the store, but don't punish the customer. He obtained it legally and was excited about it, meaning he wanted to show the world.

I sincerely hope Sony picks up on this and uses this as an opportunity to gain a few more fans by giving the banned customer a free PS4.
---
Thank you for saving gaming and for giving us Steam, Gabe Newell
#34ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 2:25:48 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
@Moonlightswami
banned, it truly is a great console. You can be as angry at MS as you want, but don't cost yourselves a great experience.
stunning

Yes, he himself does (or at least did) not have much bad to say about the Xbox One. As for Microsoft itself though he was quite annoyed and mentioned getting a lawyer. Not that he has a chance in hell of accomplishing anything in that regard....
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
LOL
#35Zato InfinitePosted 11/9/2013 2:26:51 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
It's not the customer's fault that he received the console early. Fine the store, but don't punish the customer. He obtained it legally and was excited about it, meaning he wanted to show the world.

I sincerely hope Sony picks up on this and uses this as an opportunity to gain a few more fans by giving the banned customer a free PS4.

This is not the most perfect example but here it is: If I sold a stolen item to you and I get caught and tell the police who I sold it to the police are allowed to take said item from you without giving you back your money. In this case you can't profit from a crime.

If the mentality here is you can't have enjoyment because of a broken street date just like you can't profit from a crime then I can absolutely understand why Microsoft did what they did.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
#36ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 2:28:27 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...

I believe they have already released a statement along the lines of "We would not stoop so low as to punish our customers. There will be no console bans from Sony" or something of the sort.
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
LOL
#37monkeyluv101Posted 11/9/2013 2:37:23 PM
Getting the console early absolutely should not be banned, getting console early and posting online for all to see, yes you should be banned. That's stupid, you know there's a street date, you're dealing with a multi billion dollar corporation with strict guidelines, you should know better. MS doesn't give s*** about you or I and will do everything so this never happens again. Target's gonna get sued now for breaking the date, people might lose their jobs now because some idiot decided to brag on youtube....
#38Veemon_XPosted 11/9/2013 2:51:28 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

I believe they have already released a statement along the lines of "We would not stoop so low as to punish our customers. There will be no console bans from Sony" or something of the sort.

Fortunately this case is just a temporary ban. I do have an issues regarding the 360 permabans though. Particularly if you ended up buying a used unknowingly modded 360. Xbox page claims there is no way for Live support to undo the permaban of a console and it doesn't sound like they offer a free replacement in exchange for the bricked one. They suggest talking to the person who you bought it from, which greatest chances is just too much of a pain.

As far as Sony's statement, I'm guessing they're referring to the consoles that are bough early or hopefully the issues that 360 suffers regarding buying used 360's that were modded/some similar unfortunate circumstance.
---
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! ~Sheogorath
#39Ryan-06Posted 11/9/2013 6:31:40 PM
Major hassle. Major Nelson is probably playing his own Xbone at home right now.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
Xboner - http://i.minus.com/icpsSjQz6fk8t.gif
#40mindoftwomoronsPosted 11/9/2013 6:41:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]