Rare spills the beans: Talks about Microsoft Mismanagment

#11Golden MavenPosted 11/9/2013 2:35:04 PM
This is kind of melodramatic. By the time Microsoft acquired Rare, a lot of the talent who worked on the beloved N64 games were gone.
#12embrandedone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 2:34:38 AM
Rareware is dead, long live Rareware.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#13dante2k5Posted 11/10/2013 4:39:40 AM
What's this about Crackdown 2? Were they originally tasked with making that game?
#14dante2k5Posted 11/10/2013 4:42:17 AM
Also, I weep for Kameo 2. I really, genuinely loved the original Kameo. My only gripe with it is that it ended too soon. It was colorful, fun, creative, and just a great game, ESPECIALLY at launch!

I've always wanted a sequel... and now I know why I never got one :'[
#15SilentS89Posted 11/10/2013 1:12:33 PM
This article was kinda a letdown.

I expected more.
#16monkmithPosted 11/10/2013 1:39:21 PM
i want a bad fur day sequel!
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#17mcnichojPosted 11/10/2013 1:47:07 PM
kyncani posted...
It's too damn bad since they've made good games with Nintendo :'(
Up until the GameCube. StarFox Adventures was awful.

Golden Maven posted...
This is kind of melodramatic. By the time Microsoft acquired Rare, a lot of the talent who worked on the beloved N64 games were gone.
This.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#18Killah PriestPosted 11/10/2013 1:52:33 PM
They are clearly bitter children.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#19SackninjaPosted 11/10/2013 1:53:53 PM
Veemon_X posted...
[quote]'I think we were handed a poisoned chalice, ' he says, wearily. 'We were being asked to make the games we'd always made for an audience that didn't want those sort of games. The reason we did Black Widow, Crackdown and aged up Kameo was because we were trying to bridge that gap but Microsoft wouldn't let us.'[/quote]

Bridge the gap that separated their original fanbase and the Kinect? Is that what they meant? That's quite the challenge and quite frankly, I don't see why Microsoft should've stepped in. Its a challenge that Rare I think would've been able to meet. Its difficult to program for because of all the issues that need to be taken to consideration, but Rare is talented.

If I misunderstood what was being said, then I am sorry. Rare has my utmost respect though.

I'm fairly sure he means they were trying to bridge the gap between the younger market on nintendo and the more "mature" market on xbox. Microsoft said no, just make kinect games is what I think he is saying.
#20magxPosted 11/10/2013 2:27:58 PM
Golden Maven posted...

---
http://www.marioslastname.com/ http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!