Response to Albert Penello

#61FenriswolfPosted 11/12/2013 6:13:37 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So you think I'm deluded...

Tell me more about XBL gold subscribers getting Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Remember Me, Motorstorm RC, Uncharted : Golden Abyss, X-Com : Enemy Unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Gravity Rush, Jak and Daxter Trilogy and Uncharted 3 for their subscription this month.

And? All you've proved that it's a glorified rental service at best, and I can still get similar deals with Redbox, and even cheaper digital PC games off Steam.

So you've resorted to comparing it with PC gaming instead of XBL

Seems legit

To quote Willy Wonka again, your XBL subscription "Gets you NOTHING!"

Except the ability to play without worrying about my credit card details stolen? Did Sony even fix up the rampant hacking on COD?

And it's a legit comparison. If I want value for money, I'd go on PC gaming where currently I can buy two of the FEAR and Batman games for $6, no strings attached, and can be kept without any subscription.

Nobodies bank accounts were compromised due to the PSN hack, this has been proven and you can go and research it yourself if you want.

Pretty sure the XB version of COD has more hacked lobbies than the PS version has as well, far more people with J-Tagged Xbox's than PS3's with custom firmware installed.

And why do you keep referring to PC gaming? this threads about the XBO, oh right yeh, your out of ideas so your trying to change the subject.

Are you sure about that?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-28/hackers-run-up-debt-for-playstation-user/2695706

And coming from Infinity Ward themselves, COD games are only as good as their platform's security, and PSN never had moderators compared to XBL
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/17/ps3-hackers-make-modern-warfare-2-unplayable-infinity-ward-ca/

And I will continue to reference PC gaming when it comes to the overall scheme of things, considering that Humble Bundles and such makes PSN+ look like a joke. Furthermore, there's no guarantee than people would find enjoyment in similar games, so out of your list only XCOM interests me. Why should I pay $50 just for a few games that I'd lose after time runs out?
---
Hello
#62ScRuiPosted 11/12/2013 6:15:18 AM
Playing a game online on a service that used to be free is ok because you get games for free that if you actually wanted you would have gotten a year prior?

So its ok for a service to charge for nothing.... I see how fanpups view things...

Let me know how that 50$ a year tag feels when you can't play a game online 6 months after its released because the servers are closed, just like this gen with the ps3... Although I dealt with it on my ps3 because it was free... Now not so much

Ill keep playing online on the best service that is offered for a console... Which its seamless incorporation of all my friends, games, apps, music and movies is worth the 60$ a year....

For all you fanpups that love lists and endless navigation through searches to find what you want... Cheers enjoy your not-so free rental service...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#63PrinceMedionPosted 11/12/2013 6:35:57 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So you think I'm deluded...

Tell me more about XBL gold subscribers getting Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Remember Me, Motorstorm RC, Uncharted : Golden Abyss, X-Com : Enemy Unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Gravity Rush, Jak and Daxter Trilogy and Uncharted 3 for their subscription this month.

And? All you've proved that it's a glorified rental service at best, and I can still get similar deals with Redbox, and even cheaper digital PC games off Steam.

Yet you get absolutely jack squat for Xbox gold.

I don't give a damn about PSN's gimmicks, and you're deluding yourselves more comparing a online gaming service with a game rental service. The fact that XBL doesn't get taken down for a month by hackers alone is better than PSN.

Yes PSN got hacked and it was terrible... Know whats worse?

Going through 5 different 360s because of failed hardware in every version of the original model on the 360. They didn't even attempt to recall the systems which they knew were all eventually going to die they just kept selling them. I'd gladly take 1 month of no online over not being able to play my console at all for ANYTHING for 5 months (1 month for each system :\)

I owned a PS3 and 360 they both had their own problems but the RRoD was far worse then the network being down a month. That said, PS3's had the yellow light an you know what I got it on my original 60gig PS3... which lasted 7 damn years. My first 360 lasted 6 months... 6 months when I played the system less then my PS3 at the time.

Does that mean I should go into an X1 purchase thinking it'll have the same issues the 360 had? No. Should I expect the PSN to get hacked again? No.

PSN's gimmicks? So games for gold is a gimmick? The X1 getting dedicated servers is a gimmick?

If you want to argue that's fine but your argument can be picked apart fairly easily. Neither system was perfect but at the very least Sony gives you a lot more for free then Microsoft does and that my friend is a fact.
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#64FenriswolfPosted 11/12/2013 6:46:07 AM
PrinceMedion posted...

Going through 5 different 360s because of failed hardware in every version of the original model on the 360. They didn't even attempt to recall the systems which they knew were all eventually going to die they just kept selling them. I'd gladly take 1 month of no online over not being able to play my console at all for ANYTHING for 5 months (1 month for each system :\)

I owned a PS3 and 360 they both had their own problems but the RRoD was far worse then the network being down a month. That said, PS3's had the yellow light an you know what I got it on my original 60gig PS3... which lasted 7 damn years. My first 360 lasted 6 months... 6 months when I played the system less then my PS3 at the time.

Does that mean I should go into an X1 purchase thinking it'll have the same issues the 360 had? No. Should I expect the PSN to get hacked again? No.

PSN's gimmicks? So games for gold is a gimmick? The X1 getting dedicated servers is a gimmick?

If you want to argue that's fine but your argument can be picked apart fairly easily. Neither system was perfect but at the very least Sony gives you a lot more for free then Microsoft does and that my friend is a fact.

Seriously, you're bringing up RROD now? I could also bring up the various disc read errors on PS1 and PS2, and not to mention that Sony charged over $200 for a console repair, whereas 360 had a 3 year warranty plus free repair. RROD hasn't relevant since the 360 slim was released.

And speaking of features, tell me about Sixaxis which Sony quickly abandoned, the removal of OtherOS (an advertised feature), removal of PS2 emulation (so they can sell them back as "HD Collections").
---
Hello
#65VIC10U5Posted 11/12/2013 7:00:03 AM
Shik_stick posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
JusticeSword posted...
That GAF post is spot on, especially the part about psn offerings, especially about how the DRM was beneficial to everyone BUT the end user, & the fact that they have had MORE than enough time to clear everything up, instead of meager dregs of misinformation & backtracking, why havent they cleared it up though? its because they ARE trying to screw us over still, & they lack the finesse to cover it up, every little bit of info they release curses them more;

"Killer instinct is free, well 1 character is, & you need a live subscription, but the full game is only 40 dollars... plus another 40 for everything"

"& then theres forza its great! but it has half the content of the last game, but you can get the rest for an additional $50!"

"who cares if the competitions subscription offers access to a cumulative collection of games across 3 platforms & free dlc for first party titles, we offer dedicated servers now! (Like sony did last gen for free)"

Seriously their entire grimy practice is plain as the sky is blue!

Its gamers like you who make it impossible to have a rational conversation. Apparently, PS4 offering a few dedicated servers for a select few first party games = the same as offering free Cloud and dedicated for all developers.

Apparently, $20 for the game = $40 for the game even though we all know the $40 is the one that comes with the original game.

Basically, fools who think they are being witty by being stupid...

So much irony...lol

I don't think you know what that word means.
#66xHughJasxPosted 11/12/2013 7:02:29 AM
embrandedone posted...
Bump for the bots, hopefully it knocks some sense into them.

"Why should I, as a gamer, purchase an Xbox one when judging by your track record youve abandoned the 360 halfway in it's lifetime."

Indeed, indeed.

...don't know where you got that quote. But they didn't abandon it half way through. Are you seriously that naive?
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#67PrinceMedionPosted 11/12/2013 8:08:03 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
PrinceMedion posted...

Seriously, you're bringing up RROD now? I could also bring up the various disc read errors on PS1 and PS2, and not to mention that Sony charged over $200 for a console repair, whereas 360 had a 3 year warranty plus free repair. RROD hasn't relevant since the 360 slim was released.

And speaking of features, tell me about Sixaxis which Sony quickly abandoned, the removal of OtherOS (an advertised feature), removal of PS2 emulation (so they can sell them back as "HD Collections").

Why shouldn't I bring up RRoD? It happened with the 360 system. By your logic you shouldn't bring up the PSN hack since it happened to the original PS3/PS3 slim, not the current super slim model. If you want to bring up PS1/PS2 why don't we talk about the original xbox power cable and how it caught on fire? Its easy enough to go back to old systems and say what terrible issues they had (unless it was a Nintendo system... outside of gamecube those things are tanks) the point remains that it doesn't matter what issues either console had mistakes were made and its pointless to argue about who did what when and what should have happened instead.
---
#68VIC10U5Posted 11/12/2013 8:10:48 AM
PrinceMedion posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
PrinceMedion posted...

Why shouldn't I bring up RRoD? It happened with the 360 system. By your logic you shouldn't bring up the PSN hack since it happened to the original PS3/PS3 slim, not the current super slim model. If you want to bring up PS1/PS2 why don't we talk about the original xbox power cable and how it caught on fire? Its easy enough to go back to old systems and say what terrible issues they had (unless it was a Nintendo system... outside of gamecube those things are tanks) the point remains that it doesn't matter what issues either console had mistakes were made and its pointless to argue about who did what when and what should have happened instead.

So the new systems are on a completely different network? What's that? They're not? They're all on the same network and it didn't matter what type of system you had the ENTIRE NETWORK was hacked? Oh yeah, that's right....
#69Shik_stickPosted 11/12/2013 9:16:32 AM
ITT: fanboys use every possible argument they can, regardless of its merit, to attack the opposing side.

Listen folks, this is pathetic. Sony has screwed up before and Microsoft has screwed up before. Bringing all that stuff up now does no good. Yes, the articles are biased, but that doesn't make them any less true or accurate.

Yes, PSN was hacked and it sucked. It was a huge blow, something they could have avoided but ya know what, they apologized and did the best they could to make up for it after the fact. Has MS even apologized for any of their BS that THEY(not some outside source) screwed up on? No, they have just simply said we are not ready for their vision yet.

Yes, we need to pay for MP now...and? It's cheaper, you get better discounts ad better game downloads, the kind of stuff that is proper to be behind a pay wall. Not apps that should be free and are free on other devices. So the whole paying more for more argument is completely voided as all of that extra stuff you're paying for, you shouldn't have to be. Now, lookup how many people were polled to see if they ever payed for Xbox live while owning a 360...the number is surprisingly high. Fact is not EVERBODY gives a damn about online MP, so why should these people-if they want an Xbox One-be or end to pay an extra charge if they want to just watch Netflix or Amazon, or even game share or use the web browser? There is absolutely no argument that can be made to excuse how MS is handling their pay wall.

It really is mind blowing how far some of you will go, on both sides, to win an argument. I know this post will be properly dissected and somehow used against me, but I don't care anymore. Facts are facts.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#70PrinceMedionPosted 11/12/2013 9:42:31 AM
Shik_stick posted...
ITT: fanboys use every possible argument they can, regardless of its merit, to attack the opposing side.

Listen folks, this is pathetic. Sony has screwed up before and Microsoft has screwed up before. Bringing all that stuff up now does no good. Yes, the articles are biased, but that doesn't make them any less true or accurate.

Yes, PSN was hacked and it sucked. It was a huge blow, something they could have avoided but ya know what, they apologized and did the best they could to make up for it after the fact. Has MS even apologized for any of their BS that THEY(not some outside source) screwed up on? No, they have just simply said we are not ready for their vision yet.

Yes, we need to pay for MP now...and? It's cheaper, you get better discounts ad better game downloads, the kind of stuff that is proper to be behind a pay wall. Not apps that should be free and are free on other devices. So the whole paying more for more argument is completely voided as all of that extra stuff you're paying for, you shouldn't have to be. Now, lookup how many people were polled to see if they ever payed for Xbox live while owning a 360...the number is surprisingly high. Fact is not EVERBODY gives a damn about online MP, so why should these people-if they want an Xbox One-be or end to pay an extra charge if they want to just watch Netflix or Amazon, or even game share or use the web browser? There is absolutely no argument that can be made to excuse how MS is handling their pay wall.

It really is mind blowing how far some of you will go, on both sides, to win an argument. I know this post will be properly dissected and somehow used against me, but I don't care anymore. Facts are facts.

Agreed.
---